Fuji x100

Those half cases were on EBay at less than 20 quid. Maybe not real.leather but perfectly serviceable and decent quality. Come direct from China I think.

Those half cases were on EBay at less than 20 quid. Maybe not real.leather but perfectly serviceable and decent quality. Come direct from China I think.
yep the sub £20 ones are OK but they are PU, not leather. The Zhou ones are £40 min and by all accounts are real leather.

Has anyone used non Fuji teleconverters or wide angle converters...any recomendations....

The fuji ones, from what i have read, have virtually no impact on image quality or exposure. Just wondering if there is a non fuji (non £200!) one of the same calibre?

Rgds

Can anyone help out here.

Just picked up an X100 second hand, and loving it... but pretty disappointed with the EVF.... I had assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the EVF would change accordingly (inline) with your settings...

Ie...

1/1000th f2
would look darker than
1/500th f2

However on my camera, the EVF remains constant regardless of what settings are chosen - making judging exposures very difficult?

I have the "exposure preview" option turned on in settings, but it seems to make no difference?

Can anyone help out here.

Just picked up an X100 second hand, and loving it... but pretty disappointed with the EVF.... I had assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the EVF would change accordingly (inline) with your settings...

Ie...

1/1000th f2
would look darker than
1/500th f2

However on my camera, the EVF remains constant regardless of what settings are chosen - making judging exposures very difficult?

I have the "exposure preview" option turned on in settings, but it seems to make no difference?

Turn off auto iso also and see if that makes a difference. If not do reset.

Last edited:
Auto ISO is already off.

Did some research last night and it seems the X100 (not S) doesnt offer a live exposure preview in the EVF when in M mode...

Whereas the X100s does.

Seems odd!

Even more odd is that when in AV mode, the EVF preview DOES change to reflect the +1 / -1 EV when you change the EV wheel - yet in Manual the preview (and histogram) doesnt change at all

4.jpg
4.jpg

4.jpg

So X100T has been announced. Adds hybrid OVF/EVF viewfinder, the bottom right corner can be covered up and provide a zoomed in view of focus area. Also adds face detect auto focus (no more out of focus shots when handing the camera to someone else) and wifi. Also improvement on rear screen and a slight controls reorganise.
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fu...et&utm_medium=image&ref=reviews-latest-widget

As a x100 user, I'm seriously tempted considering I've missed out on x100S improvements. I've also been wanting wifi in x100 for years, my wife kept saying how it'd be perfect if she can get at the photos on it to share on her phone.

So X100T has been announced. Adds hybrid OVF/EVF viewfinder, the bottom right corner can be covered up and provide a zoomed in view of focus area. Also adds face detect auto focus (no more out of focus shots when handing the camera to someone else) and wifi. Also improvement on rear screen and a slight controls reorganise.
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fu...et&utm_medium=image&ref=reviews-latest-widget

As a x100 user, I'm seriously tempted considering I've missed out on x100S improvements. I've also been wanting wifi in x100 for years, my wife kept saying how it'd be perfect if she can get at the photos on it to share on her phone.

Want. Had the X100, the X100s was a nice upgrade, the X100t will only be better.

It looks fantastic. And some very nice upgrades when coming from the x100. But there's something about the sensor in the x100 that's just fantastic and I'd be worried I'd miss that if I upgraded (side-graded) to the x100t

They're not shouting about any improvement in focussing speed or accuracy so have to assume the limit of Fuji technology is XT1/XE2 and presumably that goes in the 100T?

I know that on the X100s you can move focus points without pressing the AF button, is this the case on the X100? It wasn't when I had mine but maybe a firmware update has changed it?

I know that on the X100s you can move focus points without pressing the AF button, is this the case on the X100? It wasn't when I had mine but maybe a firmware update has changed it?

As far as I can figure out, you only have the option to either press AF button once to toggle change AF point mode, or hold it down to change AF points.

What's it like on the S?

Just picked up an as new x100s. Been thinking about one for a long time, and decided it was about time.

Very excited with it, super sexy... matches my x-pro1 beautifully.

Anyone used/got an x100s and have also used/got m43 bodies?

Wondering how the AF compares ?

Seriously fed up with interchangeable lens cameras and am considering this or the RX100.

Hmm. The bigger version of that bag looks quite smart. Shame it doesn't have handle loops to hook it onto a suitcase handle for travelling.

I bought a 2nd hand X100 from a friend, its a great little camera and still gives excellent results. Up graded the firmware and now works even better. Yes its not a Leica but takes great pictures ... its great to carry around and the lens is sharp ++ :)

20141002-DSCF9776 by Fusion44, on Flickr

20141002-DSCF9771 by Fusion44, on Flickr

Last edited:
Can anyone help me out; I've got a x100s and the hood, do I just need a 49mm filter or does it require some kind of adapter?
I understand the stock lens cap won't work. It'll be a polariser I'll be going for.

Can anyone help me out; I've got a x100s and the hood, do I just need a 49mm filter or does it require some kind of adapter?
I understand the stock lens cap won't work. It'll be a polariser I'll be going for.

No need. You said you already got the hood, the adapter ring should be included on it. Just screw in the CPL on the ring.

Paul, If you put the filter on back to front (it fits & works exactly the same) straight onto the camera thread and then whatever you want onto the filter thread. All you have done is extended the camera thread slightly by adding the filter first. It works and you'll get no vignetting and you can easily rotate the filter as normal. It's something I do all the time.

The stock lens cap will not fit with the filter in place.

Hope this helps.,

George

Hi, I'm looking for a x100.

Been offered a X100 with 4 batteries/Lens hood/ used for £400. (plus it has already had the sticky blades repaired by Fuji)

Is this a good deal? I can't check the classified ads here as I haven't enough posts :(

Hi, I'm looking for a x100.

Been offered a X100 with 4 batteries/Lens hood/ used for £400. (plus it has already had the sticky blades repaired by Fuji)

Is this a good deal? I can't check the classified ads here as I haven't enough posts :(

It's not the greatest deal for a private sale. Three ExPro batteries and a jjc hood would run to about £35 which means £365 for the camera. They regularly go for less than that on classifieds if you can wait until you have access.

As you have already said on the XE1/2 thread you can get one from MPB for less which would have a guarantee.

Thanks Barry,

Good point! I didn't realise the batteries and hood could be had for so cheap. May go with the MPB one.

Annoyingly. The X-E1 @ £579 plus the free lens, then sell the lens brings is down to roughly £400 too. AAAHhhhHHHHH. :banghead: but that would kill the "portable" vibe.

I love my X100S, as I did the X100 before it. But I'm not sure if I could live with it being my only camera. Not that helps your dilemma even slightly.

If you have lightroom on your PC it's very easy to go through your full catalogue of pictures and check what focal length you have been using most on the Canon. Check the focal range of your favourite shots and that might help in your decision.

Decision made! I'm going with a 2nd hand X100.

Selling the 28mm Canon prime that I don't like and Sigma 17-70 zoom to cover the price of the X100 BUT keeping the 400d, 50mm (nifty 50) and Sigma 10-20mm so I have best of both worlds in case I ever need the DSLR!

Thought that was a good solution in the end! I looked at the refurbished X-E1 on Fuji and thought of buying a prime as some suggested but in all honesty, I'll probably end up going back down the "just buy another lens" road and I'm keen to get away from that for now. If I out grow the X100 in the future and I really start taking it more seriously, I'm sure I can pick up an X-E2 for even cheaper by then...

Thanks for all your comments guys. Can't wait to get the X100 and get out there!

Yep. Let my X100 go when I bought the X-T1. Let that go when I bought my Large Format Fillum camera...just bought an X100 from the classifieds.

There's just 'something' about them.

Back