Fuji X100T lens attachments?

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks,

I just watched Bert Stephani's review of the X100 T and during it he switches what looks like the lens to a wider angle lens and then to a 50mm lens. I thought this was a fixed focal length camera so my question is do these attachments come with this camera or are they actual lenses? I hope you get what i'm talking about.

Regards

Scott

They're supplementary lenses which screw onto the front of the X100's fixed prime to convert it to either a wider or longer lens. IMO (and please bear in mind I'm NOT an X100 owner), this makes little sense unless you very rarely use the other focal lengths sine the adaptors are screw mounted so fairly slow to change compared to bayonet mounts as used by Fuji's own X series CSCs. They're supposed to be quite good at what they do though.

So they come with it? I love his reviews and the camera looks amazing.

They are pricey, but they have very good image quality. I've both, and even with a proper changeable lens system, I regularly take the x100 and both lenses. You can change them fairly quickly - there's a knack that's not too hard to pick up.

God that's expensive. Why make a fixed lens camera then make lenses for it? Oh well I'll have a wee think as that would take the camera to silly money in my opinion.

Back