No Longer Available

Nice find George, the fungi are really lacking POP and it seems a little underexposed to me both on phone and laptop. Was flash used on this shot as I can't see the EXIF detail on Flickr.

Also the grass at the front is a little distracting I find as it is in super sharp focus and the fungi appear to be on the back plane of focus. (so still in focus)

If used flash then diffusion is working and possibly against you by blocking the light. It is a fine line but when you get it you get it :)

Hope thats not too much of a downer and like I said its a lovely find. (y)

Nice find George, the fungi are really lacking POP and it seems a little underexposed to me both on phone and laptop. Was flash used on this shot as I can't see the EXIF detail on Flickr.

Also the grass at the front is a little distracting I find as it is in super sharp focus and the fungi appear to be on the back plane of focus. (so still in focus)

If used flash then diffusion is working and possibly against you by blocking the light. It is a fine line but when you get it you get it :)

Hope thats not too much of a downer and like I said its a lovely find. (y)

Very many thanks Bryn and as usual your comments are very much appreciated,(y) they are not a downer in any shape or form as I know I have a long way to go with Macro photography (this is only my 3rd attempt). My main ball park is commercial & industrial advertising so if you should ever venture into that and have a go maybe I'll return the compliments LOL.:)

Anyway back to this shot, yes flash was used and to be honest the slight look of underexposure was probably down to me during PP. I am still experimenting with lighting etc and I'm trying to get a good balance with flash & ambient together. One thing I am struggling a bit with though which shows in this shot and my last one is getting a very low viewpoint without a distracting foreground. This shot was done at ground level and I'd already cut away the grass as much as I could in front of the fungi. I guess I'll soon work out a comfortable & practical solution and then as they say, "Watch This Space".:D

George.

My main ball park is commercial & industrial advertising so if you should ever venture into that and have a go maybe I'll return the compliments LOL.:)

I wouldn't even know where to start with that... lol but as its all lighting based I guess you will soon get the lighting nailed. :)

Yes, I can see that the image is slightly lacking in light and yes, I agree that the grass is still a bit intrusive but what a lovely capture of the texture of the caps. I have only made one attempt so far at Fungi - I hope I am getting close to where you are after 3 attempts. Stick at it George.

Yes, I can see that the image is slightly lacking in light and yes, I agree that the grass is still a bit intrusive but what a lovely capture of the texture of the caps. I have only made one attempt so far at Fungi - I hope I am getting close to where you are after 3 attempts. Stick at it George.

Thanks David your comments are very much appreciated.(y)

I've only been trying Macro/Close up for a couple of weeks and there is still a long way to go yet, but looking on the bright side though my images can only get better. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots.

George.

Nice capture as said the light is a little flat- also I would have removed the right hand Fungi as 3 looks better than a group of 4

they are Angels Bonnet by the way

Les ;)

Nice capture as said the light is a little flat- also I would have removed the right hand Fungi as 3 looks better than a group of 4

they are Angels Bonnet by the way

Les ;)

Many thanks for that Les very much appreciated.(y)

I'm slowly getting there but unfortunately I haven't a great amount of spare time at the moment due to a lot of studio work.

George.

Im a Game Keeper and its Pheasant season, I have no free time at all

Im a Game Keeper and its Pheasant season, I have no free time at all

I know the feeling of no spare time well enough Les, but we should only really complain if we have no work. I do envy you though being out in the open for I guess most of your working time. At the moment I'm busy working on a christmas catalogue for "2015" and would you believe it has to be finished by the end of this month.(y)

George.

Back