Galloping Horse at Fremington Quay

Love it! B+W really gives it a dramatic feel. love the bits of mud thats been flicked up as well

@hayley thank for for the feedback all feedback appreciated :) it was a chance shot as was walking through the field when it made a charge so was a quick lift camera and fire type shot and then realised it was heading right at us !! it only turned away at last second all the horse seemed wired and frisky we decided it best we move fairly sharpish !

@nipplebass thank you I quite like it too, it really wasnt good in its colour form as such a damp day :(

@whipspeed yes it was the quick fire shot and think it was still of f4 but as you say it was charging down the barrel let alone looking down it

thats fair enough, growing up with horses i have no fear when mine charge at me i generally run back at them belive it or not they move haha

My wife it petrified of horses so was surprised when she said lets cut through here (it was a right of way) so when this horse started running that was it she was shaking wreck and must admit they do scare me too wasnt till I took the shot I realised it wasnt stopping we did side step a bit and it veared of at last second that was enough for us to realise its time to turn around and go a different way hehe

I think it is a very nice shot, shows a powerful animal in full flow, would like a little more mud flying up to really show the movement but now I am being picky.

Hayley, I think it may appear a little soft to you as it was shot at a fairly high ISO of 2200 but at the smaller sizes looks pretty good to me.

I think it is a very nice shot, shows a powerful animal in full flow, would like a little more mud flying up to really show the movement but now I am being picky.

Hayley, I think it may appear a little soft to you as it was shot at a fairly high ISO of 2200 but at the smaller sizes looks pretty good to me.

it may of been shot in high iso and noise is apparent for this but im looking at it from my mac witch has retina display and the eyes and face of the horse don't seem to be in focus at all thats why i said it seems quite soft, as the focus seems to be more on the body of the horse then the head

I think this is a cracking shot-This image gives a sense of the power of such an animal- well caught
even more so at f4

Les :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back