Garden birds with new 300 f4 & TC.

Edit My Images
No
Folks,

Got my new lens & TC today and thought I would show you a few shots, most if not all wide open @ f5.6.
All shots are full frame without cropping and no PP done ie just as they came out of camera - just resized for web.

I am well pleased with these as a first attempt and the images look favourable compared to my 100-400. There is one drawback however compared to the zoom in that when you are too close...you are too close.

Please feel free to comment and add your thoughts. I am looking forward to getting to know this lens.

Best regards

Rob

PS hope I've got this posting right as I'm not fully up to speed with it:):)

300E.jpg

300F.jpg

300A.jpg

300B.jpg

300C.jpg

300D.jpg

Like the robin best.

For straight out of the camera and no processing these are fab :clap:

I'm also looking at switching to a 300mm prime with TC rather then zoom, drooling over the f2.8 but prob go with f4 :LOL:These shots really help with that decision (y)

How you finding using a prime? Where these handheld or tripod mounted?

For straight out of the camera and no processing these are fab :clap:

I'm also looking at switching to a 300mm prime with TC rather then zoom, drooling over the f2.8 but prob go with f4 :LOL:These shots really help with that decision (y)

How you finding using a prime? Where these handheld or tripod mounted?

All handheld, but please don't mention the 2.8:):) - I also thought long and hard about it and decided for f4 (cost and weight).
Weight - it seems light compared to 100-400 and handles better (but I have small hands).
At 420 vs 400 for zoom prime is much much better (AF & IQ).

Hope this helps some.

Cheers

Rob

Hmmm, cost and weight are the two BIG disadvantages of the 2.8 :LOL: Still someone may sell a really good condition one for a nice price, one day :nuts:

Thes shots certainly beat mine with my 35-350 + 1.4 tc for sharpness and I was using a tripod! I can see my bonus from work being spent very quickly :LOL:

Back