Garden Fungi

I can't help you with any ID Peter but I like the images very much. They've all got good composition, great colours and the exposures & DOF are spot on.(y)

George.

Lovely images. My nit on the first one is the blurred OOF mushroom(?) in the first, and maybe recomposing would have helped to remove that, although you may not have been able to get the "jaunty" position of the cap on the largest mushroom. As it is, the third is my pick of the bunch, although the orange blob still annoys me. Love the light and colour of them all.

I can't help you with any ID Peter but I like the images very much. They've all got good composition, great colours and the exposures & DOF are spot on.(y)

George.

Sorry I don't know the ID either Peter but they are a smashing shots ....how lucky to find them in your garden ....I've walked absolutely miles today on a fungi hunt !

Lovely images. My nit on the first one is the blurred OOF mushroom(?) in the first, and maybe recomposing would have helped to remove that, although you may not have been able to get the "jaunty" position of the cap on the largest mushroom. As it is, the third is my pick of the bunch, although the orange blob still annoys me. Love the light and colour of them all.

Thanks for the comments George, Susie and Tim.

Tim I understand you feedback about the oof in the background. Believe me I'm more frustrated. I think it was one of those cases where I was concentrating so much on the mushrooms at the front that I lost sight of those in the background :banghead:

I'll jump on the 'colours are lovely' bandwagon - and my favourite is the last. I like the composition with the curved shroom on the far right.

A very nice set- and I would hazard a guess these are Slender Honey Fungus ( Armillaria) mostly found in Broad-leaf woodland such as Oak, though can be found on any rotting wood, considered edible if well cooked, although you would need to 100% sure before eating any fungi

Les ;)

Colour and lighting is fantastic and I particularly like #2
Thanks Bryn

I'll jump on the 'colours are lovely' bandwagon - and my favourite is the last. I like the composition with the curved shroom on the far right.
Thanks Fi

A very nice set- and I would hazard a guess these are Slender Honey Fungus ( Armillaria) mostly found in Broad-leaf woodland such as Oak, though can be found on any rotting wood, considered edible if well cooked, although you would need to 100% sure before eating any fungi

Les ;)
Many thanks Les. Your description regarding the rotting wood is spot on. That's exactly where I found it. No worries about cooking it though as I wasn't planning on cooking it.

Back