Garden Squirrel and Hedgehog

Edit My Images
Yes
I keep putting food out to attract the squirrel, and they come to the garden everyday with the whole family of 8!!!! They are getting more used to me but of course, I can't have any big movement or walk too fast.Watching them chasing around, eating, looking for food makes me happy:)

5 Have put some hedgehog food out as well and in the process to make a hedgehog house

Last edited:
Even though I hate the vermin Grey Squirrels they are cute and #1 is superb colours gorgeous and pose/composition.

The hedgehog needs a bit of exposure boost as its little under exposed.

Can't keep the camera out of your hands can we Icy :D (y)

Why don't you like the cute little grey squirrels? I saw a baby one the other day but didn't mange to take a shoot from it. it looked like bold and a lot less hair:D

My sb-600 locking mechanism is damaged so had to use the pop-up flash:( asked around for the repair service, it costs about £100, i may as well get a 2nd one then.

I am pretty sure you can't put down your camera either, I don't have kids so I got the freedom. You got kids so you have less time than I do, but the happiness brought by children is invaluable.

Indeed it is.... they have destroyed the native species red squirrel hence the vermin statement.

Shame about the flash I got told the same when I dropped my flash I just got another wasn't worth the repair.

Ah ok. So what sort of distance would that put you from them?

Just a BTW...do you vote UKIP tintin? :D

Er.....I am not too good at guessing distance......

Say No.2,3,5, I was about 1.5-2m away from it.

No.1 was about 3-4m.

No.4 was a bit further, around 6m.

Overall the lens isn't too bad, quality wise but it is very slow on AF and if the target is in a shade or slightly lack of light, it is struggling to focus. I suppose you get what you pay for and it is quite alright to use if you don't use the long focal length that often. Hope it helps.

BTW, I don't vote UKIP :D

Last edited:
Back