GAS

How come you want to switch?

My GAS would be lots and lots of film cameras as that seems to be my new love now:love:

Lighting for portrait work, plus backdrops, triggers, decent tripod - and of course somewhere to put it all.

Oh well seeing as you ask, EOS 5Dmk111, 17-40L, 24-105L, maybe a 100-400L :)

And for my display case an old Canon EF, FTb, and an F-1 :):)

I appeased my GAS by buying one if these...it's a cracking camera.
Yeah I think it would me, but now crimbo is up on us I won't be getting any luxuries like that this side of xmas, birthday in may, I think I will have to have one by then:)

For the first time in my photographic journey, i'm actually not far off happy with the minimal kit i've got.......but come New Year when that Fuji 56mm f1.2 is released I can see things changing a little :/

I've got almost all my kit now so won't have anything left to buy.... although there is room for a 400 2.8..lol

I appeased my GAS by buying one if these...it's a cracking camera.
Having spent about 7 years buying all my Nikon gear (4 bodies) and my dream lenses (24-70 2.8 ,70-200mm2.8 and a 150-500) I then bought an X10 last year and added an X20 this year and never seem to use anything but the X20.:bang:

About the only thing on my (realistic) list is a decent P'n'S. My unrealistic list is just one lens, EF 200-400 f4 x1.4, which I can actually afford quite easily but I'm simply not spending that much dosh on a hobby!

We'll I have decided I need a full mantra of Nikon AIS primes, so that if I switch systems I can still use them! Presently with Fuji (x-pro1) and really enjoy using the camera. With the Fuji 56mm 1.2 due to be released in the near future I have decided the Nikon 50 1.2 ais will make better financial sense. Oh and I may add the 28mm 2.8 and 105mm 2.5 :D

i'm pretty happy with my kit now but i do feel a yearning for the 200mm f/2.0..

How come you want to switch?

I've found that high ISO on sony is awfully noisy and like a few reviews said, no matter what WB I use (ie, correct or blatantly wrong and fix PP) the reds are too high in camera. Also lens availability is a factor too and the Nikon 5200 has a swivel screen, which means it'll help more with my "stupid body" stuff. ;) There's a few other bits,. but that's it in a nutsell, pretty much.

I've oredered a Sony A7 with kit lens intending to mostly use my manual primes but my finger keeps hovering over the "add to basket" for the 35 and 55mm primes.

Only thing on my GAS list now is a Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 Macro DG Lens - managed to get past the 'I need it now' stage so will get it at some point down the line.. :LOL:

A sony rx100 and one of the voigtlanders bessa rangefinders with a lovely wide m mount lens. Oh and a sigma 35mm... and a mamiya 45mm for my 645...

I sold my Voightlander R3a and 40mm f1.4 and I really regret it, a stunning combination....so its probably part of my GAS along with a Rolleiflex 3.5E and possibly an X20.

Andy

I'm a bit stumped as whether to get a bessa r or a later model (r2, r3, r4..). Am I right in thinking the later models use m mount and the r uses a screw mount?

And also, stumped as to why your got rid of the r3a and 40mm.. sounds lovely.

Last edited:
I sold my Voightlander R3a and 40mm f1.4 and I really regret it, a stunning combination....so its probably part of my GAS along with a Rolleiflex 3.5E and possibly an X20.

Andy
Ah, there's not much worse than having GAS for something you had and sold.

Nothing really I have all I want/need, unless Nikon brng out a D400 :D

I was doing very well with controlling my gas (unlike the cat - but that's another story) until the classifieds couldn't be kept collapsed. The week or so when the area was in full view lead me to buy a V1 & 10mm f/2.8. Already had the adaptor since I'm planning a 1AW when they're available so have been playing with my F mount lenses. :D Now the sections stay collapsed and hidden, I should be able to control the GAS for a while.

I'm a bit stumped as whether to get a bessa r or a later model (r2, r3, r4..). Am I right in thinking the later models use m mount and the r uses a screw mount?

And also, stumped as to why your got rid of the r3a and 40mm.. sounds lovely.

Basically I'm an idiot and my medium format GAS trumped (see what I did there) the 35mm GAS. As to the mount, I think that was how it worked but I also had an adaptor so I could use the screw mount lenses. It was a really sweet set up, pin-sharp, lovely colour rendition and small and light...Damn, I'm going to have to get another one now.:bonk:

I love my Leaf Aptus digital back but would love to be able to do long exposures on it, which means upgrading to a Phase One P45+

I've just sorted a new apartment out, and a trip to Iceland in the new year which leaves me skint for the moment, but the next big commission month I have I hope to push the button on one.

Beyond that then I'll need to upgrade my view camera which will mean going to a Linhof Techno.

Well lets see...a pair of Samyang 24mms, one fast normal, one tilt shift; lots of old Zeiss manual stuff, Something very wide and fast, a Nice 17mm orime would be fun, a fastish zoom in the 300mm-400mm range, maybe a mirror lens to play with? Hmm my shopping list could go on and on...

I've got dreadful GAS, at least that what my family tells me!

Fighting a huge impulse to buy a refurb Fuji XPro-1.

I've got to the point where I've got everything I need, but I wouldn't mind upgrading some of my lenses. I'd like to change my Sigma 24-70 f2.8 HSM for a Canon 24-70 f2.8L MkII, my Sigma 150-500 OS for the Canon 200-400 f4L with 1.4 converter, although that's not financially realistic, so maybe a 300 f2.8L or 500 f4L would suffice instead. Also, as Carlo said, a beautiful model willing to work at a moments notice would be a fantastic acquisition, don't know if the wife would like that too much though.

Back