Critique georgia

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

was just taken with window light, no reflector as don't have any. just trying to improve my comp and processing.

cheers Neil

georgia by NikonNeil, on Flickr

Lovely image of a very pretty little girl! :)

Lovely image, lovely girl but sorry I hate the overly fussy, almost clunky, borders but that could just be my personal taste :)

thanks for the comments Bethy and John.

I Have to agree John looking at it now the borders is clunky the brown line should be a lot thinner. I'm not sure why but I always seem to put some sort of border on all my pics

RE the borders: this is a phase we all go through, but, tbh, it really does look a bit naff. If you look at the great photographers of the world the one thing that is apparent in every single image is a distinct lack of borders.

Hi Dean, thanks for the comment, looks like the border is going :)

Really nice portrait mate & good call on removing the border - I'd be tempted to slightly lighten the iris on her right eye as the lighting has made her right eye seem darker there. The composition works well but if it were me then I'd leave some space for her to "look into" next time & see if that works - framing is bordering on a bit too close for me - just an extra few cm would work imo. Very nicely done though mate.

Neil without the border is the way to go - it works muc much better (y)

Thanks for the positive crit guys its always useful to get feedback.

Hi Mike I do have a tendency to crop close with the camera when shooting, I will try and back off a bit in the future, I suppose it gives more options when processing.

Back