Geting my head around DX - FF

Name
peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi im going to upgrade my kit soon to FF now please bare with me. If im using a 18-200mm DX lens and i open a photo in Nikon capture NX. The meta date says was shot at 44mm am i right in saying id need a lens of about 31mm in FF to get same angle of view

Many Thanks

Hi im going to upgrade my kit soon to FF now please bare with me. If im using a 18-200mm DX lens and i open a photo in Nikon capture NX. The meta date says was shot at 44mm am i right in saying id need a lens of about 31mm in FF to get same angle of view

Many Thanks

you're the wrong way round - to get the same FoV on FF you'd be shooting at 66mm on a Nikon sensor

Hugh

Welcome to TP :)

If I understand the way around you are working, no, it would be 44mm x1.5 = 66mm. Are you talking about going from DX to FX, or the other way around? In which case it would be 44mm /1.5 = 29.3mm.

With respect to you bud, if you have not got your head around this kind of stuff very clearly, and all the other factors that differentiate full frame and crop, you could be heading for an expensive mistake ;)

Back