Getting a nice background

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Hey guys, looking for get a nice background for full length shots for groups for 2-3 People.

Im after 1-2 strobes to light the background, (if I can get away with one I will), and the background and stand itself.

Cheap n Cheerful :LOL:

Cloth is easer to handle & hang, but paper is super smooth and uniform - both benefit from proper stands too but the paper one acts as a crossbeam all by itself

Paper at 9ft wide some 30ft long is about £50 a roll (I think, my current one has lasted over a year so I can't remember too well) - cloth is whatever it is, creases n all - but creases can be a feature too :)

DD

Cloth is easer to handle & hang, but paper is super smooth and uniform - both benefit from proper stands too but the paper one acts as a crossbeam all by itself

Is there anyway to hang it without a proper stand?

Paper at 9ft wide some 30ft long is about £50 a roll (I think, my current one has lasted over a year so I can't remember too well) - cloth is whatever it is, creases n all - but creases can be a feature too :)

DD

dont forget paper can rip and crease, so it doesnt last as long however it is super smooth and it can give of a glossy shine(y)

Is there anyway to hang it without a proper stand?

I guess that depends on whether you want it to be mobile or you have a studio to put it in - you could make something yourself, from wood, metal, or like I have out of PVC piping. (Be aware though that PVC piping wont take a lot of weight) or you could use a curtain pole.

You could even hang it from the ceiling using some bracketry... there's plenty of resources on the net regarding home made studio stuff.

Thanks for the advice so far, I really need it to be mobile and easy to set up. Any advice on lighting the background?

I guess that depends on whether you want it to be mobile or you have a studio to put it in - you could make something yourself, from wood, metal, or like I have out of PVC piping. (Be aware though that PVC piping wont take a lot of weight) or you could use a curtain pole.

You could even hang it from the ceiling using some bracketry... there's plenty of resources on the net regarding home made studio stuff.

Thank you :)

Back