Giving the new lens a quick go

Looks good from here!!

Is it a lot better than the tamron? I know the build quality is great in comparison!

What lens did you get guessing 85mm... Great shots and the last one very good both cheeky monkeys!

Hi Shaheed. It's a really really smart lens. Heavy though but unsurprisingly easy to get used to. Need to give it a go with the grip to see if it improves handling which I'm sure it will. Not sure about IQ improvements but it does seem sharper.

Bryn, already got the 85. This is the Nikon 17-55 f2.8. Thought I'd give it a bit of a polaroid effect. :D

Make sure you're careful with this one tomorrow :)

Nice stuff dude. So, happy with the purchase then?

Great shots David, I like the last one very much. That new lens appears to be very good.(y)

George.

Cheers me dears. Yeah, seems good so far but I've just been dickin' about with it up to yet. We'll see how it performs tomorrow when it goes rallying. Hopefully I won't chip the front element again with this one. ;)

Thanks George. Glad you like the last one, certainly good to have some fun. :)

The D7000 I have is brilliant for the sports that I cover. Wouldn't know what to upgrade it to. Hoping to find a D7000 that I can put away for the future when this one packs in. Had thought of trying Currys and making them an offer for a new one when the D7200(?) appears.

I think Hdew still stock them and are about £415ish?

I'd be up for a D7100. I cover a few boxing events which are paid but everything else i shoot is just for me. Wouldn't mind trying a few other things though aswell and try and broaden my shooting as it can get a bit samey. Also looking to add a uwa to the fold aswell but that will have to wait. Would probably still keep the D7000 as a second body so i can stick the 85 on it for a few portraits of the crowd and boxers in the corner etc.

Very nice!
Ooo, it's exciting testing out a new lens, isn't it? :banana: Enjoy!!

:LOL:

Depends on funds i guess. Lets hope this doesn't leave me deflated. It certainly seems good to me, but like i said, just been used for daft things such as a leaf on a bench :rolleyes:

Primarily bought for portraiture at 45-55 and for the improved focusing speed over my previous Tamron model when shooting sports etc. Lack of VR doesn't really bother me as i usually shoot at higher shutter speeds. It does weigh ALOT more though and the lens hood is enormous! Suppose that's what you get when buying a 'pro spec' lens though.

Keep an eye out for some rallying pics on my photostream to see how it does. Lol. Or me hanging from a tree when i tell the missus that's it's not as good as i thought it would be. :D

Back