Glad we were here

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of a snap from the airfield on Saturday. They were enjoying themselves by the looks of things, and trying to get a snap of themselves in front of the old terminal building. Shot using the 55-250, I was geared up trying to get shots of planes in the air, so not the best tool. I quite like it though, and tried to quickly compose and adjust without getting spotted (Why do I feel guilty taking a shot like this ?)

IMG_1952.jpg

Thanks for looking, Comments, Crit and Advice gratefully received please.

Quite like that John but would have preferred an angle that let me see more of their faces.

Oh, and never feel guilty! :D

Thanks Marc, I see what you mean about the angle,but it just couldn't happen. I was on the ground side at the airport, and they were airside... There's all sorts of requirements before you can go through the gate and I don't think that "cos I wanted to take a photo" counts :D, I wish it did. However, next time I'm feeling brave ... (y)

I know I shouldn't feel it but it's really rather odd. I guess it's just hearing all the time (including from my family) that taking this sort of shot is "wrong"...

Yeah, it's not always easy to get the best angle.

One of the most frustrating things about when people say it's wrong is when they can't tell you why. They just say "It's just wrong!" :bang:

I quite like it John - agree with Marc about the angle - but circumstances dictate as ever :)

As to it being 'wrong' - I've had that discussion with friends many a time and I never feel its wrong - altough maybe if I saw my ugly mug plastered on a forum for general viewing I might change my opinion :)

Thanks John. Maybe you should shoot a self portrait and post that John .... Then you can decide :D.

I have to say that there was an odd sense of thrill in taking that shot and not being spotted doing it.

Back