Glencoe area

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Paid a visit to the Glencoe area for a few days a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately no clear crisp frosty mornings, nor any snow on the mountains yet, but we did have some nice still mornings and a truly spectacular sunset at Castle Stalker.

To say the weather was not what I went up there hoping to get in this classic location, I was quite pleased with what I came away with!

Constructive comments welcome.

Cheers
Alan

1. Rannoch moor

IMG_7969
by alan72 on Talk Photography

2. floating

IMG_7859

3. stepping stones

IMG_7968

4. round the bend

IMG_8128-2

5. moonset on Rannoch moor

IMG_7707-2

6. OK, not an original shot, but first for me!

IMG_7823

7. liquid mercury

IMG_7502

8. loch ba

IMG_7852

Lovely set of images Alan. I like #7 but would have cropped the red dot and white bits to the right out or set up further to the right if possible. #8 the colours look a bit off

I think that you're right to be pleased with how these have turned out given the way the weather can be at this time of year. 5 & 12 would be the pick of the bunch for me, with 5 getting the nod for the good foreground detail and the mist in the distance.

Lovely set of images Alan. I like #7 but would have cropped the red dot and white bits to the right out or set up further to the right if possible. #8 the colours look a bit off

Thanks Christoph, 7 was taken from out on a floating jetty, so there was very little space to set up. I took a few with and without the buildings on the right, but decided to keep them in, I like that hillside and its reflection. I will clone out he red buoy though!!

8 is a tricky one, there is all sorts going on. Blue water, orange grass, pink sky and hills. You're right it needs a tweak with the White balance.

I think that you're right to be pleased with how these have turned out given the way the weather can be at this time of year. 5 & 12 would be the pick of the bunch for me, with 5 getting the nod for the good foreground detail and the mist in the distance.
cheers peter, they are my own favourites. It never fully cleared for sunrise and now I'm glad it didn't, the delicate colour and must make it for me.

2, 7th, 10th look nice.

1. Looks great but the lights flat. Same applies to 3.
4. Nice idea but the lights nearly gone, a bit ealier and a bit more light hitting more of the hill that would be a winner.
5. I like this, but works better with the sun behind you, or to left or right catching the hills
6. I'd have turned a little to the left and included ALL the big square boulder, its been cut off.O
8. Again, golden hour flatters this sort of scene more, IMH0

11. Lovely idea and the condtions look great, did you take a more open image, its a lovely view down here and the water looks stil

Thanks Steve / Duncan.

These were all taken in golden hours, unfortunately we didn't get golden light:( there was a lot of cloud, although some of these might not suggest it!

I did take a landscape version of 11, will post it up tomorrow when I get on the pc.

A great set of shots I would be very happy to get. Would love some hills/mountains like those in Cornwall to shoot.

Back