Glencoe Mono Pano

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
taken a while back but forgot to post it...:thinking:
glencoe_panorama_MONO.jpg

What did you use to take and post-produce this?

Image works really well.. could maybe do with the contrast increasing a bit to bring out the texture and tones in the mountain.

A.

That's a headbender.

We're looking 'up' Glen Coe with Aonach Eagach on the left but also across Loch Achtriochtan to Stob Coire nan Lochan.

Different - I like it.

What did you use to take and post-produce this?

Image works really well.. could maybe do with the contrast increasing a bit to bring out the texture and tones in the mountain.

A.

This was done with a sigma 10-20mm at about 20mm. on a canon 400d. It looks a lot more "contrasty" at its full size. now I have had it printed. Its about 150cm wide.... at 240dpi. I merged it in Photoshop cs4 and used the channel mixer to convert it.

Thanks to Dinners for the names(y)

Its so big that the little dot you see on the bottom right is a wee house and you can see a van parked outside!:eek:

I like this. Nice vista, & pretty well composed. The one thing that bugs me is the path on the left. The straight vertical line distracts a bit.

very nice shot.. love it up there been quite a few times.

Can i ask how many shots you merged and were they landscape or portrait mode ?

I know...... cheeky but if ya don't ask ya don't find out ;)

thanks (y)

very nice shot.. love it up there been quite a few times.

Can i ask how many shots you merged and were they landscape or portrait mode ?

I know...... cheeky but if ya don't ask ya don't find out ;)

thanks (y)

Its a while back so I dont remember exactly ( getting old) but it was either seven or eight. portrait ones. Not cheeky at all... Thats how you learn. Glad you liked it.

I like it a lot, but maybe just needs a little bit more headroom at the top of the mountain, as its a bit tight to top of the frame to my eyes

I like it a lot, but maybe just needs a little bit more headroom at the top of the mountain, as its a bit tight to top of the frame to my eyes

I Agree, Its just the maximum height at portrait frame. I have thought about "faking" a new sky to give it a little more headroom ( Does it make me a bad person? :thinking:)... But not had a chance to get a shot of such an even toned sky recently.

Back