Wild Glencoe under the stars

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
One of my better images from a recent trip to Glencoe, I tend to visit now when i know it's going to be quieter!

Not too impressed with the performance of the lens but it may be moved on at some point and I shall go back to the Samyang 14mm or try the 24mm .

Buachaille etive Mor by Christopher Marr, on Flickr

Not to everyone's taste's but I'm beginning to really get into the night stuff

:)

Definitely to my taste, I think it's stunning. I just love the mood and atmosphere you've captured here. Love it!

Love night landscape shots, you definitely caught a great sky - it adds some really atmospheric colour.

A great image Chris, the sky is amazing and the small weir leads the eye nicely to the mountain. Good job (y)

I think with more snow this would work as it would pick up the faint colours of the night sky. Maybe with some aurora and full snow

Overall I feel the image falls into the too dark, hard to see category and I'm not 100% it's level.

I really like this, especially the little highlights running through the waterfall. Very nice. I guess if you live near by then the possibilities are fantastic like Steve says with full snow and a touch of Aurora!
I too have a feeling that this isn't level. Nice work Chris.
BTW Tip grab a fleece snood, then if you happen to be standing around in the snow you can put it over your camera and lens help keep the frost off. In Northern Norway both my D300 and 700 were totally white by 1am @ -21:eek:

Great shot Chris, well composed, nice light and water movement. IMHO If it were mine I'd try and lift the shadow areas a tad.(y)

George.

Hi Chris stunning work as always buddy. What's wrong with the lens?

Bit too much coma at night mate, I hoped it would be a one lens does all but it's not quite right for astro so maybe move it on and try either the 14-24 or a samyang and another 16-35. Unsure tbh .

I think with more snow this would work as it would pick up the faint colours of the night sky. Maybe with some aurora and full snow

Overall I feel the image falls into the too dark, hard to see category and I'm not 100% it's level.

I have other versions with the shadows lifted more but I don't feel they offer much more to the image, the noise levels go up and the image begins to feel quite 'fake'

I too think this is a stunning shot of one of my favourite places.

Bit too much coma at night mate, I hoped it would be a one lens does all but it's not quite right for astro so maybe move it on and try either the 14-24 or a samyang and another 16-35. Unsure tbh .

I have other versions with the shadows lifted more but I don't feel they offer much more to the image, the noise levels go up and the image begins to feel quite 'fake'

It's all preference. I'm not a fan myself of dark images, there's just too much black here for my own tastes.

I can appreciate shadow recovery would grain this up quite quickly.

My thoughts were to shoot in full moon with a full snow covering, there will be more ambient light so the resultant image wouldn't be so dark. That's my own thoughts as to avoid shooting too dark an image.

Lovely.
It's one I can sit and look at and see something different I like each time.
Just a tadge RH down may afford the visual balance

That's superb, pleased you didn't lighten it further, there are far too many fake looking photo's around already ;)

Love it, excellent (y)

Back