Glencoe

Les McLean

In Memoriam
Name
Les
Edit My Images
Yes
Going through my old images (trying to get a slideshow together) the other night, came across these images from 2006 I'd not processed. So had a relook at them.

all with Canon 1DS MKII, 17-40 F4l lens

VK0I6775m.jpg

Larger image

VK0I6606m.jpg

Larger image

VK0I0565m.jpg

Larger image

really like the first one Les, great sky in the third too :)

Majestic location shots, #3 for me for the clarity of colour and the composition, then #1 for the sheer majesty of the mountain and the spot-on water movement ... #2 bringing up the rear for the atmosphere.

Fantastic set of images Les, I was up there january just gone and want to go back again soon and hoping that time is sooner now I have see this set

Yes, all these are from the last time I was there 7 years ago, I really need to get back up there, it's always been one of my favourite locations, and it was the same trip I got my holy grail image of Buachaille Etive Mor that's turned out to be the image that's more popular than any of the others from Glencoe.

76608769.KeENbxF6.76608769_v0XFvMs4_Scotlandpb138135.jpg

Yes, all these are from the last time I was there 7 years ago, I really need to get back up there, it's always been one of my favourite locations, and it was the same trip I got my holy grail image of Buachaille Etive Mor that's turned out to be the image that's more popular than any of the others from Glencoe.

76608769.KeENbxF6.76608769_v0XFvMs4_Scotlandpb138135.jpg

Les, what date/time was this photo taken, i'm very impressed!?

Les, what date/time was this photo taken, i'm very impressed!?

Same as the others (for date), but the time was just on sunrise (and -5 C) midwinter, at this location you only have around 30 minutes of opportunity before the good light goes.
One of the great things about this iconic location, is you can park right next to the spot, on the Loch Etive road just off the A82

Glencoe--PH49--UK---Google-Maps.jpg

Absolutely beautiful - they deserve to be hung on a wall!

I'm definitely taking a trip up once I get some filters. I've never been with the camera before and its only around 2.5hrs away. If I get anything remotely close to your photographs, I'll be delighted.

Start the day with some photos and end it with a climb!

These are a stunning set of images. I like no 3 especially. Love the foreground interest and that brilliant sky. No 1 plus the extra one are both excellent shots as good as it gets, on what is probably the most photographed mountain in Scotland.:clap::clap:

Absolutely beautiful - they deserve to be hung on a wall!

I'm definitely taking a trip up once I get some filters. I've never been with the camera before and its only around 2.5hrs away. If I get anything remotely close to your photographs, I'll be delighted.

Start the day with some photos and end it with a climb!

Get up there, it's an absolutely fabulous location. (y)

A few years ago I put a pdf file together, with a few good locations & info/maps

It's here if you need it (around 1mb)

http://www.lesmclean.co.uk/Glencoe.pdf

Same as the others (for date), but the time was just on sunrise (and -5 C) midwinter, at this location you only have around 30 minutes of opportunity before the good light goes.
One of the great things about this iconic location, is you can park right next to the spot, on the Loch Etive road just off the A82

Glencoe--PH49--UK---Google-Maps.jpg

I have been. this one was taken mid morning in november I think. but love the conditions and light in your picture.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58994073@N07/8238702584/in/photostream

Looking at the photos, I thought #1 nice, the in to #2 and thought that's much better and more my taste, then on to #3 and ooo my giddy aunt that's fantastic(y)

Much photographed but yours stand out for the outstanding quality well done Les :)

Fantastic work chap, number one is a serious winner. Love love love the light on the mountain, the cool colours really emphasize the feel of the photo. Cracker.

Lovely images Les. Makes me feel homesick. My family moved away from the area many years ago........
Might be looking to move back when I retire and seeing those pictures just makes me want to go back right now.
Thanks for sharing.
Allan

#1 & #4 are lovely matey, #2 & #3 needs an exposure lift imo (esp #2)

lovely snowy scenes though, need to get up there this winter and brave it!

cheers

drew

This is my first post after joining the website earlier this week. After dabbling in and out of photography over a few years, I'm pleased to say that my interest has been totally rekindled by the images on this forum, but especially by the 4 images posted above (1 & 3 are jaw dropping).

I realise I'm a complete novice and have much to learn, but these images are fabulous and an inspiration to me. I can only hope that in time I'll develop similar skills which will allow me to come close to reproducing these images. Thank you for sharing.

excellent. 3 just edges it over 1 for me. Lovely set, very inspirational.

Absolutley stunning Les, they have a Salvador Dali, mystical feel to them

Excellent :clap::clap::clap:

Les (y)

Les, do you have any shots from these locations??

Sherbs

Yep, first Beauchaile Etive Mor

76608764.mcqSiPbD.76608764_FcYfdRRM_ScotlandVK0I6923.jpg

Loch Tulla

76608777.hxaSmKI3.76608777_HWZ8Kr7Y_Scotlandpb99502.jpg

Rannoch Moor

76608770.Zd12vsIB.76608770_U6QmyE3b_Scotlandpb138475.jpg

Loch Leven

76608763.IjKjzu9m.76608763_LTgGGT0t_ScotlandVK0I6620.jpg

Pap of Glencoe

81604084.5VL9lmY3.81604084_r3BqUl65_VK0I6531.jpg

If you google (or search this forum) for Loch Etive and Blackrock cottage, you will some good representative images.

Back