Golden Eagle

They are magnificent birds, as your image illustrates.

TFS :)

Only ever seen them (wild) in the very far South of Europe - over the mountains of Crete! At least, we were told by a local that they were Golden Eagles and we know they do exist there.

Thanks Kev a few more on my Flickr, wild and free in the Pyrenees Mountains.
Two days of full on photography.
Did you see the vultures?

Did you see the vultures?
Yes Clive I have posted images on TP of some I managed to capture.
I had a great two days in the mountains. Vultures day one and the Golden Eagle day two.
Click on the Goldie if you want to see my efforts.

Have you been also??

Yes Clive I have posted images on TP of some I managed to capture.
I had a great two days in the mountains. Vultures day one and the Golden Eagle day two.

Have you been also??
Yes, we went down to Cauterets in the motorhome a few years ago, but not for photography. I haven't got the tackle for that. It is a fantastic place. I came across all Julie Andrews with emotion.

Whilst laying on the grass propped up on a rucksack I spotted one over some nearby woodland. I got the binos on it. It was the common one, the griffon. I've come across the one I can't spell in Cyprus. Lammersummatorother.

Yes, we went down to Cauterets in the motorhome a few years ago, but not for photography. I haven't got the tackle for that. It is a fantastic place. I came across all Julie Andrews with emotion.

Whilst laying on the grass propped up on a rucksack I spotted one over some nearby woodland. I got the binos on it. It was the common one, the griffon. I've come across the one I can't spell in Cyprus. Lammersummatorother.B

Bearded vulture, also known as the Lammergeier. You gave it a good go.

Back