Goldfinch

Exposure, colour and detail look fine to me Russ,not keen on the perch ,personal preference only......nothing wrong with the 7d Mk1 when you get your settings correct ,especially when using true ISO values

Last edited:
I like the colour, details and bg, I would only advise to clone the second little perch

cloning is over rated,change your pov rather than cloning. Saying that, the lower branch is irrelevant, the primary perch ending so swiftly is more detrimental to the shot .

Comments much appreciated everyone :)
The branch is rather ugly I agree - but it's where it landed, and didn't return :(

nothing wrong with the 7d Mk1 when you get your settings correct ,especially when using true ISO values
I agree Den, but I will upgrade when the price is right!

Russ

Considering the exact location it was taken, plus how dull the light was I think it's an excellent shot Russ.

Considering the exact location it was taken, plus how dull the light was I think it's an excellent shot Russ.
Many thanks John :) - It was a dreary sort of day, wasn't it! Did you get a decent shot of the Goldcrest at all?

My favorite garden bird and a beautiful shot.
Thank you, Canonfan :)

Russ

Hi Russ, I got quite a few shots of the Goldcrest but none of them good enough to post here, just could not get a fast enough shutter speed. Which was a pity but there is always the next time.

Back