Good compact or CSC camera for video?

Name
Plamen
Edit My Images
Yes
I was wondering if I can get either a compact or CSC and be able to both take photos and videos with good quality. I do have DSLR but it's not very compact and might not be the best choice for casual video.

I have an epl5 and an epm1 mft and have to say the video is bordering on amazing. I use lenses from a 9mm fisheye to a 75-300mm and the video quality never fails to suprise. I have used dedicated video cameras and compacts but these have them beat hands down!

The Olympus codec isn't great but the IBIS is amazing and very useful in video. Panasonic has better codec BUT no IBIS so no stabilisation with prime lenses. NEX again is decent but less pancake lenses so as a system imo not as good as M43. Fuji video is crap. Ive used all of them and would recommend Olympus.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Is the auto focus good in video mode and was also wondering if it's noisy? I was thinking about m43 but there are so many choices that's making it very hard

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Is the auto focus good in video mode and was also wondering if it's noisy? I was thinking about m43 but there are so many choices that's making it very hard

AF is very quiet with Oly MSC lenses and pretty decent in terms of speed, MF is probably the best and very easy with focus aids.

No noise whatsoever, the lenses are silent and made with video in mind. The auto focus works very well, with a little lag with the telephoto only, oromes are fine though.

No noise whatsoever, the lenses are silent and made with video in mind. The auto focus works very well, with a little lag with the telephoto only, primes are fine though.

The Olympus codec isn't great but the IBIS is amazing and very useful in video. Panasonic has better codec BUT no IBIS so no stabilisation with prime lenses. NEX again is decent but less pancake lenses so as a system imo not as good as M43. Fuji video is crap. Ive used all of them and would recommend Olympus.

Dunno about primes and in lens IS but the GX7 has IBIS.

Back