Good old forth rail bridge

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
One of the first shots i took when i started to shoot RAW format. went a little overboard with the sliders in ACR but thought i'd show it and get general feedback from the shot :)

Refelections by Gavin_D2009, on Flickr

I'd start with a slight anti-clockwise rotation and a bit less of whatever ACR is! The water appears to be flowing downhill to the road bridge. I'm also unsure of whether the slipway cobbles add anything to the image, but that's a personal thing I suppose. Cropping the bottom will give a (more pleasing?) wider perspective, although it will loose a bit of the reflection. Just my 2p worth.;)

yup, agree with everything you've stated. basic errors. over excited about the possibilities of RAW.

Nothing wrong with making errors Gavin. That's the best way to learn. I always shoot RAW, but I don't really do landscape stuff. I also don't do much PP either. Sometimes, less is more. Just because the slider is there, doesn't mean you have to play with it!! ;)

The Forth Bridge, to be picky :)

I think I would have included more of the nearer end of the bridge.
Nice shot apart from that.
I looked down towards the bridge when I was going to work today, couldn't see it for the har. I was working up at the Observatory under clear blue skies.

Back