Goodbye old friend!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Well the time has come to say goodbye to my beloveds, beloved Puma! She picks up a new TT on Tuesday so we took it out to get a few shots of it before it goes. But it was dark, so I used a torch to light different parts on a long exposure, what's your thoughts?! :wave:

CCP_7100.JPG

Not bad at all.

Repeat with the TT?

I like it - like the crop too, but let's see some shots of the TT when she gets it. Is it the Mk2?

Not bad at all.

Repeat with the TT?

Thanks! I think that could be in order!

I like it - like the crop too, but let's see some shots of the TT when she gets it. Is it the Mk2?

The crop is as I took it, because my 24-70 is broken :crying: I had to use my 50 but was happy! The funny bit was watching me trying to set it straight by looking through the view finder and shining my torch on it! :nuts:

And yes it was built the 2nd week of July, we ordered it at Easter :puke:

I almost did the same thing when she bought the TT because I fell in love with the S5 they had sat there! But they wouldn't do two for one and told me to BOGOF :thinking:

Well they don't deserve your business! :D

mmm just had Audi on the phone, the day before we pick the car up to tell us that the car is not the one we ordered but will be the 2011 model... Some would say great! But we specified the car because we could not find one 2nd hand with all that we wanted, or in the colour she REALLY wanted. Now it's in Scuba Blue not the blue we asked for. She's so worried that we are trying to get over there today to look at it before we pick it up tomorrow. I like the new 2011 model but the car is for her not me, what if she hates it after shelling out 30K!

Congratulations on the new TT :)

If she doesn't like the wrong colour, buy her a nice set of spectacles with corrective colour lens on them, problem solved (y)

mmm just had Audi on the phone, the day before we pick the car up to tell us that the car is not the one we ordered but will be the 2011 model... Some would say great! But we specified the car because we could not find one 2nd hand with all that we wanted, or in the colour she REALLY wanted. Now it's in Scuba Blue not the blue we asked for. She's so worried that we are trying to get over there today to look at it before we pick it up tomorrow. I like the new 2011 model but the car is for her not me, what if she hates it after shelling out 30K!

If she's not entirely happy, tell her to walk away. As you say it's a lot of money!

Congratulations on the new TT :)

If she doesn't like the wrong colour, buy her a nice set of spectacles with corrective colour lens on them, problem solved (y)

:LOL: Great idea! :D

If she's not entirely happy, tell her to walk away. As you say it's a lot of money!

Well we went down and the car had not come across but we saw the colour it will be... She prefers the new colour! But we won't tell them that! The reason is they should have told us that the colour was changed when they produced the car and also that it would be a 2011 spec car, not 24 hours before we're due to collect it!

Photo's will no doubt follow soon! Think I'll do some more improvised torch light long exposures as I like the effect! (y)

Well we went down and the car had not come across but we saw the colour it will be... She prefers the new colour! But we won't tell them that! The reason is they should have told us that the colour was changed when they produced the car and also that it would be a 2011 spec car, not 24 hours before we're due to collect it!

Photo's will no doubt follow soon! Think I'll do some more improvised torch light long exposures as I like the effect! (y)
I think the truth is it's been a bit of a fiasco with the change over to the 2011 model, with nobody able to find out conclusively whether they're getting the 2010 or 2011 models or when they actually start shipping the new model, and I think the dealers have been as much in the dark as the customers.

Sounds like a happy ending anyway - good luck with the TT.

Glad she liked the new colour, a happy ending indeed.

No No No No....she HATES the new colour...and only can be resolved by 5 years free servicing, free sweeties for a year and some lackie polishing it once a fortnight...free.

No No No No....she HATES the new colour...and only can be resolved by 5 years free servicing, free sweeties for a year and some lackie polishing it once a fortnight...free.

:LOL: Way to go!

Fantastic knowledge base for all things TT here...

CLICKY

Cheers Lee!

Just checked the boot, not had a chance to shoot the new car yet, but a quick thought... do Audi's not come with a spare wheel? :thinking:

Remember seeing something on tv a little while back, not sure if it was to do with Audis, but some one was doing cars with a can of puncture seal, you know the stuff, aerosol can on the valve, blows up wheel at the same time as squirting in some gunk to fill the hole . . . and the valve . . . and coat the inside of the tyre . . . ?????

CJS

Don't high end Audi's (and bmw for that matter) not have 'run flat tyres'. Meaning even with a puncture the'll stll get you to the nearest garage.

Remember seeing something on tv a little while back, not sure if it was to do with Audis, but some one was doing cars with a can of puncture seal, you know the stuff, aerosol can on the valve, blows up wheel at the same time as squirting in some gunk to fill the hole . . . and the valve . . . and coat the inside of the tyre . . . ?????

CJS

At £xxx for a tyre I'd rather try and find a space saver because those tyre weld jobs mean the tyre can not be repaired! :thumbsdown:

Back