Gothic Foggy Cheshire

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I dont usually post in this forum so I hope I dont get ignored (as I have found has happened in other forums) My usual stuff is motor sport.
With the foggy weather over the weekend I had an idea to try something Gothic. They look better in Black and White but I would love some crit.
Any good or am I wasting my time

1- I like the highlights on the statue

2 all those slightly wonky angles

3 the obelisks here caught my eye

4 nice and misty

5 looking up towards heaven

6 receding into eternity, the way they seem to go on forever into the distance

Thanks for looking

I love 1, 2 and 6. As you said the fog really adds to the photographs, very nicely done!

Would love to capture a graveyard and a church in those conditions myself.

Like the angel,any shots from the front though ?,might have been my choice
#2 & 6 have an interest,well composed (y)

I love 1, 2 and 6. As you said the fog really adds to the photographs, very nicely done!

Would love to capture a graveyard and a church in those conditions myself.
Thankyou not only was it foggy it was also very cold and there was no-one else about. Very eerie

Like the angel,any shots from the front though ?,might have been my choice
#2 & 6 have an interest,well composed (y)
Thanks again, couldn't get a shot of the angel from the front as it would have meant standing on a grave and I didnt fancy doing that.

Really nice, I can't think of a better reason for mono shots.

I would love to see No.1 from the front of the angel. NO.6 is great, many shades of grey and a real sense of scale with all the headstones in the distance. Very eerie.

Grave yards leave me cold
But the light on the angel No1 is good it has something about it
I personally, being a fan of the crop, would have taken a little off the top and the left hand side, just removing the head part of that black grave
The angel would then have been on a third instead of central It would also have intensified the interaction between the angel and the small black cross.
But that's maybe not what you had in mind for this photo

Thats bad that people ignore you because you don't post often! I've noticed it happens on some forums though (won't name any lol).
Anyways I love shot 1. Its a very perfect photo :) keep them up

Nick

Really nice, I can't think of a better reason for mono shots.

I would love to see No.1 from the front of the angel. NO.6 is great, many shades of grey and a real sense of scale with all the headstones in the distance. Very eerie.

Really like this set..
Think the fog makes the shots so much better, adds to the atmosphere, nice one

Cracking set :clap:

Grave yards leave me cold
But the light on the angel No1 is good it has something about it
I personally, being a fan of the crop, would have taken a little off the top and the left hand side, just removing the head part of that black grave
The angel would then have been on a third instead of central It would also have intensified the interaction between the angel and the small black cross.
But that's maybe not what you had in mind for this photo

Thats bad that people ignore you because you don't post often! I've noticed it happens on some forums though (won't name any lol).
Anyways I love shot 1. Its a very perfect photo :) keep them up

Nick

thankyou all for your encouragement and taking the time to comment. Fuzzyedges thanks for your comments on improving number 1. I will try that.

Cheers

Good set there, you've really taken advantage of the weather conditions, Chrisbie :).

This is just my personal taste here, but one thing which might add a little drama/focus to some of these shots, is a vignette :shrug:!? Shots like 2,3,4 & 6, where some of the edges are quite light, can often be given a 'tighter' feel by darkening the borders/corners.

It has to be done subtly mind, otherwise it looks as if your viewing them from inside a washing machine :D.

Just an idea anyway ;)!

Good set there, you've really taken advantage of the weather conditions, Chrisbie :).

This is just my personal taste here, but one thing which might add a little drama/focus to some of these shots, is a vignette :shrug:!? Shots like 2,3,4 & 6, where some of the edges are quite light, can often be given a 'tighter' feel by darkening the borders/corners.

It has to be done subtly mind, otherwise it looks as if your viewing them from inside a washing machine :D.

Just an idea anyway ;)!

i agree entirly

I would have probably made the whites whiter and blacks blacker to but thats just the way i like doing things lately :shrug:

Back