Grand Central Terminal - New York City

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
The beautiful and iconic Grand Central Terminal, often referred to as Grand Central Station is the largest train station in the World by number of platforms (44).

This was a 2 second exposure, just enough to capture the movement of the people as they go about their daily commute.

No tripods are allowed in here but luckily I had my gorilla pod with me which was a little more discreet and allowed me to capture the movement of the people whilst ensuring the rest of the image remained pin sharp. :)

9734452730_096c555dca_b.jpg

Great picture, may i ask what camera/gorilla pad combo you used? Im heading to NYC in December and debating getting one (along with a polarizer if you have an opinion on that!).

Ta

cracking image steve and well taken

Thanks everyone.

I used my Canon 6D with a Gorilla Pod. I rested the Gorilla Pod on the arm rail of the stairs. No need for a polariser, the 2 second exposure was the result of setting an aperture of f/16. It's actually a little darker in the station than this image suggests, I lightened it a little in post production. :)

Nice shot, another one I did while in NYC, I think everyone takes this shot :LOL:, but I like it, nice work.
I didnt have a gorillapod, had to use the walls to balance the camera on.

nice shot, for me its the balance of movement and stillnes of the people

Great shot great building:)

Excellent, executed well, perhaps would have had a tweak of the WB? looks a bit orange.

I've wanted to do a similar thing myself but with really high contrast black and white.

Back