Great Spotted Woodpecker / Robin.

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Great spotted Woodpecker and Robin captured in my garden, Both regular visitors.

cmon guys crit away or are they that bad, I can take it I am a big boy.:D

#1 Looks like a bit of a crop but cannot be too sure,highlights are a little blown which is a bit of a distraction and draws the viewers eye straight to it.
#2 Exsposure looks good as does sharpness,nicely composed.
The frames do no favours Mark but that is just my opinion.Out of interest what kit did you use? I no longer bother chasing exif on pictures as if you take the time to go too deep into things the majority never bother to get back to you. I only ask because of the overall quality of the images, I will stab a guess and say that the lens may not have been a Canon or Nikon, perhaps a Sigma? Nothing wrong in having one,like I say quality wise is not what I would expect to see from either of the others.If I am wrong then I am happy to be corrected,in which case all that is needed is a bit more work in PP to give those shots a bit of a lift.Hope you can see where I am coming from? And at the end of the day it makes for more of an intresting discussion other than "Nice Shots"

Last edited:
Nice shots Mark (y)

Thanks Neil.

Two good captures

Thanks Brian.

#1 Looks like a bit of a crop but cannot be too sure,highlights are a little blown which is a bit of a distraction and draws the viewers eye straight to it.
#2 Exsposure looks good as does sharpness,nicely composed.
The frames do no favours Mark but that is just my opinion.Out of interest what kit did you use? I no longer bother chasing exif on pictures as if you take the time to go too deep into things the majority never bother to get back to you. I only ask because of the overall quality of the images, I will stab a guess and say that the lens may not have been a Canon or Nikon, perhaps a Sigma? Nothing wrong in having one,like I say quality wise is not what I would expect to see from either of the others.If I am wrong then I am happy to be corrected,in which case all that is needed is a bit more work in PP to give those shots a bit of a lift.Hope you can see where I am coming from? And at the end of the day it makes for more of an intresting discussion other than "Nice Shots"

Thanks Rich, these were taken with the siggy 150-500.

Back