Great spotted Woodpecker

No 3 for me but it need moving to the left a tad and does No 1. I wouldn't have bothered with No 2, there's motion blur around the head and its looking away from the camera..................and it's too central in the frame.

The first has its merits, albeit is a bit too far away for my taste.

The second, I'm afraid isn't up to scratch, there is too much cover of the bird, and the head angle doesn't work.

The third however is a decent shot. It needs a couple of minor teaks with the cropping, namely it needs to lose about half of the negative space to the left of the woody, then if you have it available, i'd just add a little bit more space above her head. It is a nice shot that last one though, good detail in both the blacks and the whites

No 3 for me but it need moving to the left a tad and does No 1. I wouldn't have bothered with No 2, there's motion blur around the head and its looking away from the camera..................and it's too central in the frame.

Thank you for the info I will give what you say a wee go and re-post
Cheers
Gordon

The first has its merits, albeit is a bit too far away for my taste.

The second, I'm afraid isn't up to scratch, there is too much cover of the bird, and the head angle doesn't work.

The third however is a decent shot. It needs a couple of minor teaks with the cropping, namely it needs to lose about half of the negative space to the left of the woody, then if you have it available, i'd just add a little bit more space above her head. It is a nice shot that last one though, good detail in both the blacks and the whites

Thank you as well for your info it is great to have some great advice.
Cheers
Gordon.

Look forward to seeing the latest version. Of the originals I like the third one best.

Back