Great Tit

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Popped out on friday to try some simple shots and look at my setup in poor light, so excuse any excess noise.

This was probably my fav as I liked the pose. The young were flitting about too which was rather fun to watch

DSC_0012-011.jpg

Strange you should say that Scott, on my laptop it looks bang on yet on my htc phone it does look oversaturated lol.

Last time I made an image look ok on the phone people said it looked undersaturated and lack of contrast.

I will find a happy medium at some point

Your set seems to be working ok in low light . Good pose and detail Dan (y)

Lovely shot Dan. You are right about the pose - spot on. To me it looks a little dark but I am using a new netbook and getting used to the screen. Just out of interest what set up were you using and what was the light like :shrug:

Nick

Thanks Kaz and Ceri (y)

Nick, the setup is a Nikon D200 and Nikon 300mm F4 + 1.4x TC. ISO 800, f/5.6 and 1/320s setup in manual mode.

Light wasn'gt what you'd call terriblly low, but it was poor compared to what we've had of late and for the time of year ;)

Thanks for the info Dan - how are you finding the focus on the 300, can it keep up with the little brown jobies?

Thanks nick and martin :)

Nick i don't have any probs with it really unless the subject is in amongst undergrowth i.e the juve whitethroats were a challenge. I don't do many bif so they might be slightly tricky, but in general for the money and a tc added i'm more than happy with the 300.

Thanks for the comments,will keep an eye on sat levels on my laptop.

Stu,been working loads, but hoping to be up the weekend mate. Didn't see much about last time i went, need to find something

Back