Great white Egret

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
View attachment 23881 I was about to give up seeing this bird close up on my local res ,that is until today when I was kicked out the house by the builders,i have seen the bird from a distance a few times over the last month so after being kicked out I took the dog for a walk around the res just after first light and I spotted the bird at the top end of the res and I decided to find a spot in the middle and wait in hope he would come by ,luckily he did ,I got quite a few shots in flight and also a few when he was fishing ,I would have been able to get a lot closer if it wasn't for the dog but I hung back in case the dog spooked him even though the dog would have stayed near me ,I didn't risk it .View attachment 23880

Last edited:
Two nice shots Den, good feather detail on the in flight, looks good against the dark bg.

Very nice Den

Really like the first.

Not the easiest of exposures and I think the highlights on the water (verging on abstract) really compliment the white of the Egret. (y)

bizarre background Den

not pleasant ….. get rid of ant artistic tendencies

bizarre background Den

I think the background is a key element in terms of the overall image.

Not too much to detract from the main subject but just enough to make me consider the image as a whole rather than it just being a bird shot.

Back