Great White...

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
From a recent trip to South Africa :)
They appeared about 2 minutes after we arrived at the bay - think we had the best 'chum-mix' in the area!!
I appreciate that attracting these animals with chum mix is somewhat controversial, but I put that behind me just to have this once in a lifetime experience!

Sadly, it wasn't their main feeding season - although they are resident all year round, I really wanted to see them hunting (and breaching), but we were about 2-3 weeks too early before the start of this season (damnit).

Nevertheless, an amazing experience with absolutely incredible animals.

Shark1.JPG

Shark2.JPG

Shark3.JPG

Shark4.JPG

This is more just for reference...
You see the 2 people up with the green 'tabs' on their heads... in between them you can see a yellow tab under the water?.... that's me! :)

Shark5.JPG

Very impressive predators they are and you came away with some beautiful shots.

Thanks, As you can imagine, I've got loads, but to have them come out of the water like that is quite unusual for the season, so in that respect we were lucky!.

I got a couple of underwater shots, but quite frankly... they were rubbish! :D

Cool shots. We are going to South Africa in April '15 and my son would love to 'shark dive' - which shark diving company did you organise your experience with and would you recommend them?

Excellent shots of a truly beautiful predator - I believe these sharks have been around for millions of years almost unchanged by evolution - I suppose once you have got the design right why change it !
James

Very jealous! This is something I have on my bucket list to do...maybe one day!

A great experience and some lovely shots.

Back