Grey Heron

Now trhat's a well composed shot. Nice placement to the right, sharp with a very appealing bg.

easy, just one click

sitting in the dark on top of a mountain

Edit removed as it was against OP wishes, apologies

I feel the WB is (slightly) "off" as per my original comment

Last edited:
You think that's better?I don't.

Plus he's got no to editing ticked. Pay attention:rolleyes:

Last edited:
you need to pay attention to Grey Herons
Nae really. All you've done is cooled down a perfectly good shot and ruined it imo. As well as editing somebody's shot when he's requested folk don't do that. That's just bad form.

Nae really. All you've done is cooled down a perfectly good shot and ruined it imo. As well as editing somebody's shot when he's requested folk don't do that. That's just bad form.

you asked me to explain, I explained

Looks fine to me and as said already the composition suits the pose nicely.

As for the colour - the original looks natural if there were some sunlight on it.

The edit looks to have had this sunlight removed and is now colder / bluer.

Looks fine to me and as said already the composition suits the pose nicely.

As for the colour - the original looks natural if there were some sunlight on it.

The edit looks to have had this sunlight removed and is now colder / bluer.

all I did was to change the WB

you asked me to explain, I explained
What? Sitting on top of a mountain? What's that got to do with the colour. You never explained what was wrong with the colour why it don't look right.

By their nature, they don't seem to often crop up in locations where you end up with them isolated against a distance background. I tend to associate them with messier background so it's good to see something different. Colour-wise, the original is maybe slightly warn but only in way that would reflect warm light; not every photo needs to be white balanced to completely neutral.

By their nature, they don't seem to often crop up in locations where you end up with them isolated against a distance background. I tend to associate them with messier background so it's good to see something different.

I agree, it's a very nice clean and uncluttered example :)

Excellent shot. WB, composition, clarity and detail all spot on.

Back