Group C at Donington Park

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice pics. I went to see this too, first time I’ve seen Group C in real life, they’re so iconic (y)

Nice pics. I went to see this too, first time I’ve seen Group C in real life, they’re so iconic (y)
I saw most of them at Le Mans Classic a few years back. But it is always great to see them out on track.

Nice set of shots, all at decent shutter speeds too. The light was harsh that day, particularly for the morning qualifying session. It made shooting through the fence a right pain. We must have been near each other, I took a lot of shots from the inside of Coppice in that half hour session too.

Nice set of shots, all at decent shutter speeds too. The light was harsh that day, particularly for the morning qualifying session. It made shooting through the fence a right pain. We must have been near each other, I took a lot of shots from the inside of Coppice in that half hour session too.

Yeah, my fence shots from the outside were poor.

I may look a tit, but I always wear ear defenders
I don’t normally wear ear defenders but I could have done with them at the F1 masters a few weeks prior. For one of the F1 races I was at the back of the main grandstand and the resonation of the engines was unbearable, I literally couldn’t tolerate it and had to move to the front where the sound was able to dissipate more. The only other time I’ve experienced noise to this degree was the start of the 2006 F1 when you had 20 odd screaming V10’s accelerating off the line.

Yeah, my fence shots from the outside were poor.
I mainly shot from the outside of Coppice but it is difficult to ‘hide’ the catch fencing. It’s a shame they can’t put a bunch of postbox slots in the fencing like they do for the media guys at Silverstone, I guess folk would fight over them though. I can still remember the good old days of no fencing at all (y)

Back