GSW - juvenile and adult (1 picture)

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Two of the family of four that regularly are visiting.

Hope you enjoy.

Great_Spotted_Woodpecker-1.jpg

Glad you liked it and thanks for taking the time to comment; it would have been frustrating to get no comments - and would love to know if any reason that no one else has commented - either positively or negatively!

and would love to know if any reason that no one else has commented - either positively or negatively!

How many reasons do you need Steve? :LOL:
Anyway back to the pic, well caught and exposure looks good but to me they both seem a bit soft on the eye which is the most important part.

... but to me they both seem a bit soft on the eye which is the most important part.

Thanks, Rich. I appreciate your comments which tends to confirm what I thought re eyes.

Can you offer some advice?I try to focus on the eyes, but any suggestions what to do in a situation like this where there are two birds?

Thanks, Rich. I appreciate your comments which tends to confirm what I thought re eyes.

Can you offer some advice?I try to focus on the eyes, but any suggestions what to do in a situation like this where there are two birds?

Not sure what aperture you used Steve as no exif available. As they are regular visitors to you then you have an advantage as you can work out what distance the subjects are from you. Using this http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html you can get a good idea what aperture you might need to use, looking at that shot I would say at least 8 inches to a foot dof :shrug: Having them both still at the same time might be an issue as well but you never know :D

Back