Critique Hands

Think the highlights/whites need pulling back a little to recovery a little more detail in the hands. Think this image really needs high contrast effect imho.

Lovely idea would also consider cloning out the sleeve in the top right.

I like the idea here, the connection between..mum...and kids.

As Bryn said, some of the detail has been lost, especially in the RH hand.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I will have to play about in photoshop and see if I can do something about the detail etc and try high contrast :)
Oh, its a female hand lol (one that has to wash a lot of pots and dirty clothes so not as girly looking ) :D

Loads better imho. I like contrasty mono so I would take it further but this is really good and if you like it? Then it's enough.

How do you feel about it?

Could you provide some info on how you achieved this? Black background, light, settings etc
exif on flickr says f2.8 1/40 iso125 @50mm
Thanks

Last edited:
This was literally just a just for fun shot. I put a black sheet over my legs to create the black background. And the light was just daylight shining through the window which explains why the right hand was loosing detail as that's where the light was shining on.
And then I fixed some things here and there in photoshop :)
Didn't think it would work as both kids are big wrigglers but this was a lucky shot I guess :)

Interesting, I tried something similar a while back and I really struggled to get the black background black while exposing for the hands. I will have to try and have another play sometime, thanks.

Back