HAPPY CHRISTMAS. Some Christmas houses added.

Edit My Images
Yes
A combination of a photo I took in a road when it was snowing & a Robin. Put together with Live Pics. Remember that?

4193489228_41cbe15c01_o.jpg

Last edited:
Looks too contrived for my taste I'm afraid, the light on the Robin is from the opposite side to that of the car!

Looks too contrived for my taste I'm afraid, the light on the Robin is from the opposite side to that of the car!

There is no light from the Robin. When I took it there was white cloud behind it, that is the 'light'. It's just 2 photos merged together with nothing else done apart from the Happy Christmas. Both photos are on my flickr site. However thanks for the opinion & Happy Christmas.:)

Last edited:
You obviously don't understand what I meant!

The shadow on the Robins breast shows that the Robin was lit from above and left at the time of shooting, whilst the shadow on the car is on the left meaning that the car has been lit from above and the right. Thus the two do not share the same lighting which thus gives a contrived look.

It is important when manipulating images that the lighting used for each of the images work together otherwise it is obvious that it is a fraud.

Sorry, but that is just how it is.

Happy Christmas to you too!

You obviously don't understand what I meant!

The shadow on the Robins breast shows that the Robin was lit from above and left at the time of shooting, whilst the shadow on the car is on the left meaning that the car has been lit from above and the right. Thus the two do not share the same lighting which thus gives a contrived look.

It is important when manipulating images that the lighting used for each of the images work together otherwise it is obvious that it is a fraud.

Sorry, but that is just how it is.

Happy Christmas to you too!

Ahh! with you now. So if I turn the Robin around, (make him face to the left) the light would be correct?

Ahh! with you now. So if I turn the Robin around, (make him face to the left) the light would be correct?

It would be better lit, but not too sure about the composition then, it may work though!

Sorry, that does absolutely nothing for me, there's absolutely no focus to the images or reason for them being together.

come on everyone I am sure Redspider has only done this for fun and wasnt after winning any prizes for the merge of the two images, its just a bit of festive fun.

I like it for what it is

I'm with you, it's not like he's trying to be Cartier-Bresson, it's a bit of fun, :)

TP needs to lighten up a bit:bang:

Sorry, don't take me wrong, I just personally don't like things like that. I'm not coming from a technical perspective because I'm rubbish at photography!!

come on everyone I am sure Redspider has only done this for fun and wasnt after winning any prizes for the merge of the two images, its just a bit of festive fun.

I like it for what it is

:)That's exactly why I did it. The 2 photos are my most viewed by coincidence, so I just merged the 2 together using a free 1995 'livepix' programme & added Happy Christmas. Just a simple bit of Yuletide fun.

It looks alright to me,
I wish I new how to merge 2 pictures.
Better learn to take better pictures 1st though.

It looks alright to me,
I wish I new how to merge 2 pictures.
Better learn to take better pictures 1st though.

I have used Photoshop in the past & will in the future, but I don't have it at the moment. I do keep for quickness a programme that I got in a magazine for Free in about 1995 called 'Live pix'. It is amazingly quick & easy to use, no complicated manovers like Photoshop etc. If you can download 'Livepix' it will get you into the basics of merge etc, a great programme to have.

That Robin is HUGE!! , it's the size of the car

Global Warming is mutating the robins :(

:D

You should seen the old guys following it up the road with their shovels.;)

Last edited:
With Robins that size who needs a Turkey!

Nice Xmas bit of fun. (y)

Back