HARE AND HOUNDS CANADA HEIGHTS

Edit My Images
Yes
Rolled up for what I thought was some MX Practice bank holiday Sunday at CH but turned out to be Hare and Hounds which I enjoyed shooting struggled as normal this time of year in wooded sections and came a cropper in a fight with brambles wrapped around my ankles (must stop wearing shorts to Enduro events it hurts LOL ).

15045189872_ab71107598_b.jpg

14833139367_30147a5587_b.jpg

15074704972_e645367b13_b.jpg

15072017951_6efbfffb58_b.jpg

14858364530_39ab83af91_b.jpg

Finish with a Marmite shot

15019874145_d6b2bb8cb0_b.jpg

I always quite fancied trying to shoot some downhill mountain biking or something and this seems quite similar! Those darker areas under trees look tough to do.

The last three are real crackers.

Looks like you had a difficult and dangerous day, Gaza!

I always quite fancied trying to shoot some downhill mountain biking or something and this seems quite similar! Those darker areas under trees look tough to do.

Thanks Phal I find that shooting in the wooded areas is OK if you have pockets of light and a sunny day.

The last three are real crackers.

Looks like you had a difficult and dangerous day, Gaza!

Cheers Mike was a fun day as I love this sort of event due to the freedom as an amature tog you get but as said it can be dangerous especially those brambles :D

I fell across the tiny path the rider in shot 6 is about to take and could here the bikes coming was like a rabbit in a snare lol had to yank my leg free and get out of the way.

couple more

15031855991_88f0d324ed_b.jpg

15075068105_cdf7462493_b.jpg

Cheers Gary for the monopod recommendations, tried to order the one your brothers using, three our nurse and three refunds later and I still don't have a monopod. Think I am just gonna order the one you use, do you use a head on it or does it just screw into your 300 tripod holder?

Onto your pictures I was going to go up until I saw that the motocross was only the Monday so thought it would be really restricted viewing but going by the fact you fell over onto the course I am guessing that is not the case :LOL:.

Love number five, are you lying down to get such a low angle?

Sounds like those signs that say "motorsport is dangerous" were talking about you Gaz :p

Corking stuff here, I do love a bit of dappled light.

Cheers Gary for the monopod recommendations, tried to order the one your brothers using, three our nurse and three refunds later and I still don't have a monopod. Think I am just gonna order the one you use, do you use a head on it or does it just screw into your 300 tripod holder?

Onto your pictures I was going to go up until I saw that the motocross was only the Monday so thought it would be really restricted viewing but going by the fact you fell over onto the course I am guessing that is not the case :LOL:.

Love number five, are you lying down to get such a low angle?

No restrictions here Dex you are a couple of feet from the bikes in some spots I used as for the Monopod head I use Ball type head Jessops on make but sadly cannot see it on the website was only £25 .

Sounds like those signs that say "motorsport is dangerous" were talking about you Gaz :p

Corking stuff here, I do love a bit of dappled light.

LOL think I may need to get that sign printed on a t shirt after my last couple of lucky escapes at CH thanks for comments I really enjoy these events.

good stuff Gaz - number 1 for me - very atmospheric!

Cheers Jonty glad I tried that spot for a while produced some nice keepers.

8 for me Gaz and 1 grabs me too, tough work shooting in those conditions mate

Thanks Harry not often you get a nice rooster at CH yeah not easy in the wooded sections but I love it so much freedom to wander

Last edited:
Image 3 look like he is about to run into you!

Back