Harlequin Bear

Name
Robert Hofstra
Edit My Images
No
One of my five sisters is somewhat known in the model bear world. This week she was very busy with a Bear fair in Germany this weekend, where she introduce her first "make your own" bear.
Monday evening we had time for a photo shoot.
After 10 or so backgrounds and God know how many poses,we found the very first shot i made to be the best.

This is him.
DSC_1208_zpsf30bf7cf.jpg

Second best (for its background)
DSC_1220_zps13c24f95.jpg

Hi

Prefer the first, but something doesn't sit right with the pose/angle of shot in my humble opinion - the feet look bigger than the head. Also I wonder whether a slightly shallower depth of field and stronger focus on the eyes might have been better. I randomly shot a large teddy bear recently and found it hard to get a pose where the feet didn't look enormous!

S

The feet are rather big indeed.It is one the signatures that make the bear a "Beaut Bear"
Each bearmaker has its own signature.Real bear connaiseurs can see on thing like the nose ,feet or fabric who made the bear.
At first i even thought about making the feet look even bigger by using the 14-24mm.
Like you mentioned.Even a bear can take the wrong pose.Thank God my sister knows what the best pose for a bear is.so all i had to do was do Click!

Back