Harley Davidson

I like those phil, love the lighting setup or did you PP the 2nd one, almost looks "pasted" onto the image? 2nd one a fav though (y) dont know why but harleys and cemetery-type locations (looks like it to me anyway) seem perfect. The countryside image is fab, but doesn't suit the harley-style, if you know what I mean?

#1 is a lovely shot. All I'd do is remove the purple fringing to make it more clean! Well done on the light!

The first shot is lit with a single Yongnuo flash moved around the bike a few times. The second shot is lit entirely with light painting, there was no ambient light available what so ever. So each part of the scene has been lit with the torch.

I'd love to have monument valley in the backdrop to suit the Harley better (y)

Love the second shot, think the contrast and tones work really well. Lighting is fantastic and the overall atmosphere of the shot is great. Poster stuff.

Not sure on the first shot though; the location is great but doesn't suit the subject, composition is almost central, don't think the bike has interesting-enough lines to be shot from so far away either (looks like there's lots of intricate details in the chrome-work that are lost from being so far away). I do like the OOF foreground interest though, but without cropping a proportionate chunk of wasted space on the left behind the bike I don't think it has the impact that it could.

Both of these shots are superb as far as I am concerned. I'd love to see the idea used in #1 taken to a location that allowed more road to wind away from the bike into the background. For me that would sum up the spirit of why I, and a lot of other people, ride motorcycles.

I agree, I'd have preferred to see the road winding away in the distance behind the bike too. After noting the location I thought we would be able to see that in the shot too, but alas the hill takes it out of view.

The bike owner wanted a backdrop the city really, so we went with it. I also did lots of detail shots to back up these scenic photos

Back