Harleys and a white Globby

Edit My Images
No
Harleys are EVERYWHERE. My house (which is painted white) was covered in easily a 100 or so a few weeks back but just a bit too high for me to do anything about.

Anyway, there are tonnes of them about at the moment.

This one was resting on a T-shirt.

2014-5521.jpg

This one on the Cordyline

2014-5527.jpg

And the tinyest globby ever. About 1mm in length. All 3 tubes used and a heavy crop. This one appeared to have no markings on. Juvenile globby? I actually found this in the house (not sure if that's a good thing... mind you it was in the shower room so I imagine they like it there)

2014-5554.jpg

LMAO. I would like to point out our shower room is very clean... but we do have the window open a lot in there to allow moisture to escape (the extractor fan is useless) :D.

Yeah it was tiny Paul. Came scuttling out from underneath a shampoo bottle. lol.

Well barkflies used to be called barklice until someone decided to give them a public relations revamp. There is a related group that are usually found indoors, and these are referred to as booklice (they like to feed on the glued bindings on books). I think you may have one of those. The body shape does indeed look like a barkfly, but it's not like any barkfly I've seen (even the very young ones). The eyes are way too small for a start.

LMAO.. NO one has checked ANYWHERE on me!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Cheers all and Carl for the ID. yup, it's a Barkfly nymph. Have also had that confirmed elsewhere

PMSL... errrrr I mean Bryn :D . Thanks for the ID :)

Back