Harvest Sunset

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken last night in the field just along from my house in Culloden, near Inverness.

I had lots of issues shooting into the bright sun. Used a 2 stop grad filter but its getting tired and a wee bit scratched. The resulting flare was a real PITA. After lots of fiddling with angles I got the best I could but still needed to clone a few colour spots in the end.

Any thoughts (however harsh lol) appreciated.

Harvest by Michael Carver Photography, on Flickr

I like the lead in, the positioning of that bale, and the golden glow.

The sun flare does draw the eye a bit, which is a shame, but overall, quite a pleasing shot.

I quite like the flare ... nice lines and good late evening colour, nice image :)

flare is one mans 'meat'
the nearest rolly polly isnt too large and dark enough to not to be too obtrusive...regarding its relative size..one can see it blocks the horizon vista

Scratched filters are a pain. I've had to bin sunset s***s because of them. Strong image despite the flare

There is nothing that one minute with cloning tool won't do in this image; it is perfectly editable. When you get hundreds of flare circles then it is time to say goodbye to the image.

great light and good composition by the way.

I think the flare in this case is fine, I quite like it ... I think the image is strong enough to carry the flare. Like the shadow and the dark sk,y golden light on the leading bale and lovely lead in lines it works for me Michael.

I think the flare adds something to the image in this case, I really do like it. I think the image is very well balanced and the lighting is very well done.

James

Thanks for all the comments guys - it's funny, Im up at all hours or out late catching sunset, driving miles and miles all over the Highlands and sometimes there is shot not 100 yards from the house :)

Back