has anyone ever heard off or used......

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
an optomet deluxe super wide macro 0.42X AF lens?

my mate brought one to training tonight to give to me...saying it was a fisheye lens,and saying that he couldn't remember what camera he had it mounted on.there's no "mount" as such,just a thread thats stated as 46mm,so i assume it's similar to a raynox type add on...

can anyone shed any light on it?

i will take some shots of it tomorrow if that will help.

At 46mm, it does sound like an add-on.
So you're gonna need a 46mm filter thread to attach it to to try it out.

Add-on attachments are numerous and pretty much a halfway house fudge to save buying the correct lens, its not mainstream gear head material.

maybe its a supplementary rangefinder add-on, a lot of classic consumer fixed lens rangefinders from the 50' 60's and 70's could be bought with a tele and a wide add-on to expand their use a bit.

At 46mm, it does sound like an add-on.
So you're gonna need a 46mm filter thread to attach it to to try it out.

Add-on attachments are numerous and pretty much a halfway house fudge to save buying the correct lens, its not mainstream gear head material.

maybe its a supplementary rangefinder add-on, a lot of classic consumer fixed lens rangefinders from the 50' 60's and 70's could be bought with a tele and a wide add-on to expand their use a bit.

cheers joxby...i'd sort of gathered it was an add on to a lens filter thread,but with my 18-50 lens having a 72mm thread,it's gonna be pretty useless i'd say...

i think he may be better off trying to sell it on e-bay as it may appeal to someone on there..:shrug:

46mm and 0.42x is commonly used on video cameras. I've got something similar for mine. It doesn't give a fisheye effect though, just a wider angle. It may be different if you screw it on to a still camera.

46mm and 0.42x is commonly used on video cameras. I've got something similar for mine. It doesn't give a fisheye effect though, just a wider angle. It may be different if you screw it on to a still camera.

yeah,when i look through the lens,it certaily does give a wide F.O.V.

it also states on the box,"compact semi fish eye lens".

Back