Hassleblad H3D II - dreaming

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys,

Quick question, and no, I am not in a position to buy one.

Does anyone know what an ideal group shot (close quarters, say - up to 12ft x 12ft shooting area) and portrait lens would be for this beast of a camera?

I get confused due to the different sensor size.

Gary.

Well the sensor size is 36mm x 48mm so a rough guess would be the standard lens should be 62mm. So you'd need to work out the your portrait lens by how many people you need in the group.

the H3DII has 3 diffrent MP counts and 2 different sensor sizes so you whould have to decide which model you would get.

H3DII - 31mp - 33.1mm x 44.2mm
H3DII - 39mp - 36.8mm x 49.1mm
H3DII - 50mp - 36.8mm x 49.1mm

For a bit of flexibility in the studio the Hasselblad 50-110mm 3.5-4.5 HC is a superb lens very sharp and resolves huge amounts of detail, I use it all the time in the studio, with a H1 and P30 phase one back.

the H3DII has 3 diffrent MP counts and 2 different sensor sizes so you whould have to decide which model you would get.

H3DII - 31mp - 33.1mm x 44.2mm
H3DII - 39mp - 36.8mm x 49.1mm
H3DII - 50mp - 36.8mm x 49.1mm

For a bit of flexibility in the studio the Hasselblad 50-110mm 3.5-4.5 HC is a superb lens very sharp and resolves huge amounts of detail, I use it all the time in the studio, with a H1 and P30 phase one back.

Would LOVE to see some samples, even at 800px!! :D Is it worth the money do you think? 31MP is now £9,995 with an 80mm lens.

Gary.

Gary you could always leave the credit cards at home, have your hands sown into your pockets and pop into Calumet.;)
Weekend hire only £295 for the H3D50. :)

The problem for me with the hassy system, going by a quick a web peek is the very small range of lenses. Surely it can't be true that the widest is the 50-110 zoom???

They are really stunning lenses and made by those good folks at Fuji.

For me, the better system is still the mamiya AFD as the range of lenses is much better and that's without going outside the AF range. Start exploring the old manual lenses and the choice is endless.

I know that the mamiya doesn't have the kudos of the hassy but the images from one of these and a Leaf back will blow you away compared to any DLSR you've used.

Dazza,

Can you explain a little more about the systems you mention?

Gary.

Would LOVE to see some samples, even at 800px!! :D Is it worth the money do you think? 31MP is now £9,995 with an 80mm lens.

Gary.

Its a hard question to answer, Personally I would go down the Phase one route as you have a bigger choice of cameras the back can fit on giving you a choice of cheaper lenses, as the Hasselblad H series lenses are extreme money. the Mamiya AFD II or III would be my choice of camera as it opens you up to a whole host of Mamiya glass. Also Phase one have a superb reputation and also have upgrade options.

The other route is to Lease a Hasselblad through your business, ask your accountant to give you a price comparison against buying it.

I will pm you and sort you some images i took for a magazine shoot of a classic motorcycle which was taken on a H1, 50-110mm, P25 Phase One. Its a big file.

I'm pretty sure that anything for the H series is H alone. :(

Back