Haven't posted here in a year or more...

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
No
Just thought I would post some pictures. I left these forums a while back due to some really unsavoury people always looking to belittle just about everyone and everything they could.

Not particularly interested in crit, but if you feel obliged then cool. Please do not make negative or demeaning comments regarding the models, I will report them :)

13841-953016703.jpg

13841-1725358463.jpg

13841-1965580671.jpg

13841-534700415.jpg

13841-1702551935.jpg

13841-128606591.jpg

Thanks guys

All look great to me. Im no use with portraits or anything to do with people lol but number 2 would have to be my favourite. Great lighting and composition on all shots.

Last edited:
very nice set ....some have nothing better to do and always now best i just leve them to it ..........i just take pictures and enjoy others images
welcome back ....just enjoy what you do and take your images

Thank you for sharing, all are really beautiful images. I love how background works with hairs and skin tonality on 4.

As you don't want critique I won't give any. #1 my fav and done really well shooting upwards.

Nice to see you back, always liked your pics and I love al of these. 4 would be my favourite, just love the colours, light and bokeh, nice work.

I also like your processing, you have developed a nice dreamy style without too much dreaminess if that makes sense.

I'm nothing but a very very amateur snapper but what I do know is when I see something I like, or really like, & Kris - these I really do like & the PP is exactly my style (y)

BTW Ignore the post above that is trying to bait you uncalled for :(

Kris - these I really do like & the PP is exactly my style (y)

Completely agree, super work. Your style of shot and PP is excellent.

BTW Ignore the post above that is trying to bait you uncalled for :(

But i have to disagree with this and echo Hugh's comments. What is the point in posting images (which are fab!) but then asking for people to not crit them or pull them up on stuff... If you can't take what people say then post in the photo's for pleasure section rather than go off in a huff if someone doesn't like them and says so.

But, back to images, you've done a top job with them and are very inspirational, well done. :)

Did you mean mine? It's a genuine question, why post in a crit section and say you're not after crit? I'm sorry, but to me there is a photos for pleasure section for that

Yes & here's why - I think you (in the spirit of the usual friendliness & forgiveness on TP) should have stopped a the first sentence where you made your point very clearly - IMO I saw no need to have added the second sentence but as I say my opinion :)

Yes & here's why - I think you (in the spirit of the usual friendliness & forgiveness on TP) should have stopped a the first sentence where you made your point very clearly - IMO I saw no need to have added the second sentence but as I say my opinion :)

Which is cool, and I'm not attempting to change your mind, but the reason I said that was in response to the op, which I think, was pretty negative in itself. But each to his own

Last edited:
Come on you munchkins have a lollipop and enjoy the sun, let's not turn this in to another disaster thread :D

Apologies i never then commented on your work.... Beautiful, simple as...! gorgeous processing and light too

Sent from Button Moon.....

Last edited:
Kris
Love them, nothing more to be said..... that's my critique... going out in the sun and going to have a very big Ice-cream yum yum :D

H

You have asked for no critique in the critique section which I find a little odd and which is a pity as while these are good, you may of found that a little advise could have made your next captures great rather than good but each to their own.

As it seems you would prefer only positive comments I like number 3 best out of these.

Overall it's a very strong set with nice lighting and focus, there isn't a lot to critique but there is a couple of things on #5L that little bit of hair cropped out of frame annoys me as it looks like and accident where as on #5R the framing with bits out of frame is obvious and clearly a deliberate choice...

The last one seems a bit of an odd one out in set in that in all of the others the lighting of the model matches the ambient light where as in this one the lighting of the model seems very cool and it just doesn't work for me :(

On a personal note I tend to be in agreement with Hugh that the tone of the opening post isn't really conducive to a harmonious thread as it reads of not valuing or appreciating the bulk of the members of this community because assome point in the past there has been members who you've not agreed with :(

One is great. Please keep sharing, it's a good way for beginners like me to get ideas and learn. What lens and camera did you use?

welcome back Kris

#1 is my personal favourite in the set.

A very good set of images with #4 being my favourite.

I won't comment on individual pics as you've asked not to but overall really impressive set with great lighting and PP - really like them (y)

Hi Guys, thanks for the positivity, and I really appreciate the comments I have gotten.
Just t clarify, as I think a couple of people have read what they wanted to read rather than what was written. I said I wasn't bothered about critique, but if you want to, fill your boots basically. I know that a lot of critique is generally personal pref and if I am honest I find 90% of critique to be either personal preference or carrying some less than nice motives. But if you want to thats fine :)
I do ask people to please respect my wishes of not critiquing the models themselves.

Such beautiful taken pictures Kris, it is shots like these that gives motivation to beginners like myself to improve on being behind the lens. :)

Just t clarify, as I think a couple of people have read what they wanted to read rather than what was written. I said I wasn't bothered about critique, but if you want to, fill your boots basically.

I'm not trying starting anything but I believe we have all read what you said correctly, I love your work and really looking forward to seeing more. But when you say you aren't bothered means that Critique is pointless it would just be an exercise of in one ear and out the other.

If you are 100% happy with images and don't feel anyone can add too them then post in the for pleasure I'm sure you'll get as many views and lots of lovely shots comments. :D

I do ask people to please respect my wishes of not critiquing the models themselves.

Phwooerrrr. :D

Actually I like the two redheads in the golden hour light. #5 (well the first #5) model and makeup is great but I'm not sure of the light effect or vignette around the second image.

I like them all, 4 being my fave due to the colours.

Much as Matt said, I think they all hang together as a style/set except the last which seems a bit 'Pop'. I do like the image though.

Phwooerrrr. :D

Actually I like the two redheads in the golden hour light. #5 (well the first #5) model and makeup is great but I'm not sure of the light effect or vignette around the second image.
The two redheads shot was actually shot mid afternoon, but I'm really happy with the way the final image worked. Thanks

Just t clarify, as I think a couple of people have read what they wanted to read rather than what was written. I said I wasn't bothered about critique, but if you want to, fill your boots basically. I know that a lot of critique is generally personal pref and if I am honest I find 90% of critique to be either personal preference or carrying some less than nice motives. But if you want to thats fine :).

Actually I don't think we had. This second statement back that up. Basically what your saying is if anyone makes an effort to critique your images it'll be disregarded because you think its either a personal attack (which its not, even if it were constructive crit) or an opinion which you disregard as unimportant(thats fantastically arrogant BTW). So my question still stands. Why post in a crit section if all you want is 'Nice shot' comments (which they are BTW)?

Actually I don't think we had. This second statement back that up. Basically what your saying is if anyone makes an effort to critique your images it'll be disregarded because you think its either a personal attack (which its not, even if it were constructive crit) or an opinion which you disregard as unimportant(thats fantastically arrogant BTW). So my question still stands. Why post in a crit section if all you want is 'Nice shot' comments (which they are BTW)?
Generally speaking I find critique from just about anyone to be too wide a way of improving or learning. Approach people you want to be like or admire their work and ask them. Simples.
I posted it in the Photos: People and portraits section, not realising there was a photos for fun section because I actually don't spend my days trolling internet forums. Just a simple mistake. If you wish to find me arrogant, that is fine. I am not, but understandable how these things can translate. If it would make you feel better, do what you're dying to do and rip them to shreds, Im sure it will have a huge impact on the way I shoot in future. :)

Generally speaking I find critique from just about anyone to be too wide a way of improving or learning. Approach people you want to be like or admire their work and ask them. Simples.
I posted it in the Photos: People and portraits section, not realising there was a photos for fun section because I actually don't spend my days trolling internet forums.

mmmm thats not how your first two posts come across. Simples

If you wish to find me arrogant, that is fine. I am not, but understandable how these things can translate. If it would make you feel better, do what you're dying to do and rip them to shreds, Im sure it will have a hug impact on the way I shoot in future. :)

Your posts come across that way. As does the tone of your comment. I'm guessing you missed my last comment as well. You know the one where I said they were all nice photos? Maybe thats ripping you apart?It'll have hug (sic) effect on you in future (I'm sure)

Last edited:
Hi Guys, thanks for the positivity, and I really appreciate the comments I have gotten.
Just t clarify, as I think a couple of people have read what they wanted to read rather than what was written. I said I wasn't bothered about critique, but if you want to, fill your boots basically. I know that a lot of critique is generally personal pref and if I am honest I find 90% of critique to be either personal preference or carrying some less than nice motives. But if you want to thats fine :)

Kris, you do realise that commenting on the models is against forum rules and should anyone do that, you can RTM it and comments will be removed? However, unless the staff know such comments have been made, we can't actually do anything about it, and with so many threads being started daily, it would be impossible to check them all so we do rely on you to let us know.

Back