Having trouble with composition

Edit My Images
Yes
specifically with foreground interst or leading lines. Take the below photos for example, is this just a case of unfortunate location or have I missed something? I tried using a rock in the foreground (as I've seen in some cracking landscape photos) but these just didn't seem to 'do it'.

This is the location: (waterfall)

Example shots:

This is a massive subject, basically you arent picking the right foreground rocks in those shots, I dont mean that disrespectfully, you need to find a rock in itself is interesting as #2 is just a flat slab, and it cuts the shot similar with #3, the rocks in the the first shot look interest foreground interest but not leads ins it 2 different things, Foreground interest and Lead ins which tend to be lines if you get what I mean, I will have a look for a couple of my shots that demonstrate the difference between the 2 and then used in combination together,

7686802314_8b34da5404_z.jpg

This is a massive subject, basically you arent picking the right foreground rocks in those shots, I dont mean that disrespectfully, you need to find a rock in itself is interesting as #2 is just a flat slab, and it cuts the shot similar with #3, the rocks in the the first shot look interest foreground interest but not leads ins it 2 different things, Foreground interest and Lead ins which tend to be lines if you get what I mean, I will have a look for a couple of my shots that demonstrate the difference between the 2 and then used in combination together,

7686802314_8b34da5404_z.jpg

It was quite hard, and I looked for interesting rocks for a while, but was very difficult for me!

It was quite hard, and I looked for interesting rocks for a while, but was very difficult for me!

I can see it a a very challenging place,

This is an example of leadins as you can see all the lines lead to a single area (centre of interest), the trees the farm track the lines i the field even the clouds all are leadins, so this demonstrates the difference of lead ins with no foreground interest I will find a pic of Foreground interest so you can understand the difference, and then I will find a shot using both (y) Im going to bed soon so it will be tomorrow (y)

Hopefully if you look at the pic you will want to walk down the track thus following the leadins

Trees And Rapeseed Fields, Hunters Hill,Standish Nr Chorley, Lancashire by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back