HDEW CAMERAS anyone used them?

After a lot of searching I bought a Nikon D7000 + 18-55mm vr + 55-200mm vr bundle from HDEW a couple of weeks ago, ordered on Monday and delivered on Friday as promised. It was the best price on the internet at £669 plus £9.95 delivery - my only disappointment was that the price went down by £30 two days later ! It came with a VAT receipt and a valid 3 year warranty unlike with some other suppliers that I won't mention who promise these but don't deliver.

I've just ordered a 70-200 mkii - first time I've used them and not picked up in person - will let you know how it goes!

they are excellent just used them again be aware it will take about 1 week for delivery

Forgot to post on here... Mine arrived yesterday (about 1 week as expected), It was late in the day rather than the b-4-12 as advised, as the courier was delayed, but communication from HDew was excellent throughout the day (y)

The 5d3 kit deal included a 4gb SC card, I opened up my package yesterday and there was a 16gb Sandisk CF card with a comp slip stating they had upgraded my gift, :)

I've used HDEW twice in the past year for my Canon 5D mkii and 6 weeks ago for my Canon 70-300 L , both times I had to ring them to gee up delivery, but great prices. Last Friday I ordered a Canon 7D and as I was hoping to,use it this weekend I rang to see if hey could fast track it, but I still haven't received it. As its a public holiday here this weekend it'll be at least Tuesday now before I receive it, that'll be 9 days since ordering. I'm a bit miffed , but it's roughly £300 cheaper than anywhere else so I'll grin and bear it, I'm champing at the bit though to try it with my 70-300L it's a fantastic lens and with the 1.6 crop of the 7D it should be all I need for sports photography.

Got my lens on Friday after ordering late on Monday night good service well packed etc.

I received my 5D MK3 & 24-105 kit along with a 17-40 and after much worrying about using HDEW and reading this whole thread 50 times lol im over the moon. I have receipt, a UK plug and manual and everything works perfectly. There was a Transcend 8gb CF card included also and the 3 yr warrant card.
Heres a few pics of the unboxing.

I can fully recommend them based on my experience.

Phil

my only disappointment was that the price went down by £30 two days later !
The price of my 5D3 dropped quite a bit between order and delivery last summer - £80 drop if memory serves - and I asked for a refund of the difference. No problem at all.

Maybe it helped my case that I asked if I should return it (or reject delivery) under the DSR and re-order at the new price, which would have been an inconvenient solution for all parties, so a refund made far more sense. :)

Well I have had to return my 7D as the autofocus does not focus very well so am making use of the three year warranty. Has currently been with AJ Johnstone (Camera repair shop HDEW use) for three weeks and apparently they are waiting for a spare part to come in.
Hopefully it will not be to much longer as the weekends are rather boring without my camera.

Ive just registered my 5d Mk3 on cps for the record..

Phil

My 5dmk3 from Hdew never had a Canon registration card with it, I rang them and asked if it was because it was an import and they said yes. This is in no way knocking their service, I am very pleased with my camera.

Not sure if mine has tbh, i just went on the Canon site to get dpp and noticed the reg section so did it :)

They don't always list the cheapest prices, in fact I have yet to find an item cheaper via that website

Well it's a convenient place to start your search. For the dedicated bargain hunters it doesn't mean you have to stop there.

If you know of better places or methods to search perhaps you'd like to share.

Well it's a convenient place to start your search. For the dedicated bargain hunters it doesn't mean you have to stop there.

If you know of better places or methods to search perhaps you'd like to share.

Google is your friend ;)

I find Google price searches to return so many foreign and unheard of suppliers, eBay results, or rubbish prices that it's just not worth trawling through them. YMMV.

Oh for sure you can get some right dross in your search results, if you have the time to sort through it though the bargains can be found

I think we should keep quiet about HDEW now...I dont want them to be out of stock when I place my next order.
But seriously nothing but praise for these guys and I'm a fussy bugger!

Just had an email telling me my 70-200 MKII will be landing soon :)

Ive just registered my 5d Mk3 on cps for the record..

Phil

Have you confirmed the serial with Canon? The online registration system will allow registration of any number, even made up fake ones.

Have you confirmed the serial with Canon? The online registration system will allow registration of any number, even made up fake ones.

I miss typed with my lens serial number and it rejected it, when I corrected it it went through.
My 5DMk3 also registered.:)

I miss typed with my lens serial number and it rejected it, when I corrected it it went through.
My 5DMk3 also registered.:)

They must have updated the software then, I've registered a body and a lens with serial 333333333 last time I tried.

Ordered Monday and lens arrived this morning at 09:30

Had a quick play, very nice :)

Apologies if its been asked before, but for those that have made recent purchases of the Canon 5d3, did it come with a UK spec charging lead?

I'm on the edge of pulling the trigger on a 5d3 and grip :eek:

Apologies if its been asked before, but for those that have made recent purchases of the Canon 5d3, did it come with a UK spec charging lead?

You got that mk3 itch old chap :D

Yes it sure has, with a moulded plug on normal fig 8 type lead rather than a shaver type adapter I got with my 7d...

Yes it sure has, with a moulded plug on normal fig 8 type lead rather than a shaver type adapter I got with my 7d...

I would hope so, shaver type adapters are now illegal in the UK for anything but shavers and electric toothbrushes.

Back