HDR Karmann Ghia

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
I have decided to have another play around with hdr.

So what do you all think?

car.jpg

caredit1.jpg

B+W is the original HDR! Just goes to show you can't rescue a carp image with HDR.

Certainly different but don't work for me.
I am not quite sure why you would want to us HDR on this image there does not look to be a wide range of light difference in it.
If you wanted more details in the shadows then PS could have achieve that, if you wanted to bring the reflections out more then careful work again in PS would have achieved that.
My view for what it worth

Not sure what byou are trying to achieve ?. It looks like you have just turned the original into a negitive and just cannot see for what purpose.

Its different and got me looking at it for sometime, but really don't do anything or indeed cannot find a use for the image..
Sorry.

Thanks for the further comments, as with all editing software it is a whole new learning curve, unfortunately I don't have photoshop, so cant do anything with it that way, the only other software I have is called photoscape. Basically I just thought I would tinker around with it to see if the image could be given an extra dimension, not just another photograph of a car. Thank you for the comments, as they are taken on board. The only way I will learn is by keep on trying, and hopefully practice makes "perfect".
(y)

The only way I will learn is by keep on trying, and hopefully practice makes "perfect".
(y)

Cannot agree more, constructive criticism is always a great way to learn. We have all been there.. good luck. (y)

nice idea, and i like the idea, but i would like to see more of the car.

I'd not have bothered - it looks like a snap shot of a car in the street rather than an actual posed image. no amount of processing will change the way the shot looks.

Well, I did ask what you all thought, :D And I do like to be different. :D I know not everyone likes HDR but one day I will process an image that a greater percentage of people like, so many different ways to do it with hdr.

POAH, what sort of style would you have gone for?

This is the original....

definitely no from me on the HDR issue. If the picture featured a particularly detailed background then perhaps, but given that the car is a fairly straightforward colour, I think it is best as it is?

The Karmann Ghia is a difficult subject as it has quite soft lines, but the lines are a major feature of the car.. I order to capture the shape of the wing, you've gained a dull shadow on the nose (arguably the coolest bit of the car) Also the reflection of the garage on the side detracts from the sharpness of the image. The original image lose all definitions of the lines, the front of the car could be flat and the shape of the wing could be a stripe?

I like the angle of approach, being low down captures the lines nicely, perhaps being further back would get the whole nose in and create, admirably a more conventional image, but also capture more of the detail of this lovely car.

Sorry to be really negative, I do like the picture, and i like the idea behind the HDR images, but I think maybe its the wrong subject?

I cant really see the car to be fair, it's just a mass of undetailed black.
I wont go as far as saying it's ****, though with this particular shot I'd have just maybe settled for some high contrast tweaks.

The processing here, although not my cup of tea would probably suit a more detailed shot eg; a low down symmetrical shot of the front end, grille and lights. Again, if that's what you wanted.

definitely no from me on the HDR issue. If the picture featured a particularly detailed background then perhaps, but given that the car is a fairly straightforward colour, I think it is best as it is?

The Karmann Ghia is a difficult subject as it has quite soft lines, but the lines are a major feature of the car.. I order to capture the shape of the wing, you've gained a dull shadow on the nose (arguably the coolest bit of the car) Also the reflection of the garage on the side detracts from the sharpness of the image. The original image lose all definitions of the lines, the front of the car could be flat and the shape of the wing could be a stripe?

I like the angle of approach, being low down captures the lines nicely, perhaps being further back would get the whole nose in and create, admirably a more conventional image, but also capture more of the detail of this lovely car.

Sorry to be really negative, I do like the picture, and i like the idea behind the HDR images, but I think maybe its the wrong subject?

This is one of my favourite cars of all time, I agree with the garage reflection, this was photographed at a Beetledrive event at Crich tramway museum, so countless cars all over the place, very difficult to photograph, your comments are fine, and constructive. I do seem to like this style, so 1 day, I will find the ideal image. (y)

I cant really see the car to be fair, it's just a mass of undetailed black.
I wont go as far as saying it's ****, though with this particular shot I'd have just maybe settled for some high contrast tweaks.

The processing here, although not my cup of tea would probably suit a more detailed shot eg; a low down symmetrical shot of the front end, grille and lights. Again, if that's what you wanted.

Unfortunately, that was the one angle I missed out on... will have to go to next years event. (y)

Back