weekly HelenC's 52 for 2024. Week 17: Structure

Like the monochrome too.
Looks like you blurred the water - longer exposure or post processing ?
Helps to keep focus on the pier - great pic

Edit: just realised your post explained the technique

Last edited:
Nicely done (as always) Helen. I want to try some long exposure stuff - I have a pier near me, but never successfully managed it. I'm guessing I'd need some ND filters and my tripod.
* starts to Google

Very nice long exposure, sea looks great and pier looking good. Free parking as a bonus as well(y)

Oh aye that’s a belter :)

Empty - love the way the rain is crossing the sky in the picture

Structure - very nicely done indeed.

Nicely done (as always) Helen. I want to try some long exposure stuff - I have a pier near me, but never successfully managed it. I'm guessing I'd need some ND filters and my tripod.
* starts to Google
Thanks Simon. Yup, you'll definitely need an ND filter and a tripod. I usually play around in bulb mode but, due to my frugality with parking I had limited time so stuck on a 10 stop ND in AV mode with an overexposure of 1 stop to get the high key effect. I think this was around a 20 second exposure. To get an even smoother effect I play around with exposures of up to 1 minute. You need to juggle with low ISO and higher apertures to achieve different effects. I really enjoy playing around with these, it's fun (well, in my book.. !). Enjoy.

Back