HELP Card problem.

Name
Ian Kerr
Edit My Images
Yes
Help. I am trying to download my images from a Sandisk card that I have used many times! My camera is saying ERR CF, and will show no images. As soon as I take card from camera and try card in printer slot it displays images fine. Have tried another CF Card and does exactly the same. Any advice welcomed? Regards Ian.

Have you got a card reader ? It maybe worth trying one.

Mark

Ian, have a look in the cameras CF slot and see if any pins are bent / broken

Could you have a bent/broken pin in the camera's card slot?

Gofer, Can I take camera apart to see?

Ian, as coldpenguin said it's best to just shine a torch into the CF card slot to check for damaged / bent pins. Not that there's much you can do if a pin is broken but if one is bent it is sometimes possible to gently straighten it (although they invariably snap off in the process).

Ian, it sounds like the body has a fault either with it's firmware or the pins in the CF card bay.

Might be time for a new body, I can recommend a chap on here who'll be able to do you a good deal ;)

Thanks Digital failure there is a pin missing! I think I need to send camera back to myself for repair. Aghhh, what causes this is it just wear?
Ian, it sounds like the body has a fault either with it's firmware or the pins in the CF card bay.

Might be time for a new body, I can recommend a chap on here who'll be able to do you a good deal ;)

Double check your CF cards now, to make sure that the pin isn't still in one of them.
Unfortunately it is wear, and sometimes slight mis-alignment that can cause pins to break or bend.

Thanks for all info. Time to get repaired under warranty and upgrade to a 50D for me. Ian.
Double check your CF cards now, to make sure that the pin isn't still in one of them.
Unfortunately it is wear, and sometimes slight mis-alignment that can cause pins to break or bend.

Back