Help Needed

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I have never done any sort of macro work but now been tasked with taking photographs of Foam for a project in work (showing the cell size and shape)

I use Nikon and have various lenses but what equipment should I be using to get the desired effect ? Extension tubes, reversing ring, bellows, or a specific lens.

At present the only way I can do it is through a magnifying glass

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Simon

Hi Everyone,

I have never done any sort of macro work but now been tasked with taking photographs of Foam for a project in work (showing the cell size and shape)

I use Nikon and have various lenses but what equipment should I be using to get the desired effect ? Extension tubes, reversing ring, bellows, or a specific lens.

At present the only way I can do it is through a magnifying glass

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Simon

Simon, If you let us know exactly what lenses you have and how close to the subject you need to get ie 1-1=(Lifesize) on the sensor, 2-1=(Twice Lifesize) on the sensor, etc, etc, or maybe not even quite as close?? Then between us we should be able to steer you in the right direction.

It also might be a good idea to give us some indication of how you are going to light the subject.

George.

Also, have they given you a budget, or do you get to go back and request one once you know what is needed?

Back