Helvellyn New Year.

image.jpeg

Old Grey Whistle Test

OK Matty!
Re the printing.....:)
It is such a fine line between them and if they were my shots I'd struggle to give a first and second, but I think No2 JUST has the edge (if you excuse the pun) for me. Just my personal view and I think that's because of the dramatic feel of the ridge leading up to the summit on the RH side. That foreground edge of the snow line not only pulls you in, but gives it a dramatic appearance.
So hope that helped your decision:D

My wife's favourite place (not) she doesn't trust me any more, she says she isn't going anywhere again that has "Edge" in its name. That came from a particularly hairy assent of Striding Edge a few years ago. But I learnt too, I always drop the "Edge" in the names on my route plans now :)

OK Matty!
Re the printing.....:)
It is such a fine line between them and if they were my shots I'd struggle to give a first and second, but I think No2 JUST has the edge (if you excuse the pun) for me. Just my personal view and I think that's because of the dramatic feel of the ridge leading up to the summit on the RH side. That foreground edge of the snow line not only pulls you in, but gives it a dramatic appearance.
So hope that helped your decision:D

My wife's favourite place (not) she doesn't trust me any more, she says she isn't going anywhere again that has "Edge" in its name. That came from a particularly hairy assent of Striding Edge a few years ago. But I learnt too, I always drop the "Edge" in the names on my route plans now :)

Hi Steve, I've had a bit of chance to think about the two, and I think that I am going to go with the portrait shot for a print, mainly because I've got an appropriately sized vacant spot on the wall!
I think that its the lead in that makes it a bit more appealing as a shot. Thanks for your help though!!
My fiancee won't even go the the mountains with me anymore, I've been working on it recently through re-watching the Wainwright walks series, and I think she's prepared to have another go at it. Never mention Edge/Ridge/Pinnacle or 'just around the next corner"

stunning shot

Thanks very much indeed!

Back