Her name was Lola

I love Number 4. Lovely pose, great eye definition and sensible use of the space in the image. Not keen on the poses of the other images but that is just my opinion!

Dear sunnyside_up, evidently my opinion is "Rubbish" I apologise to you if I have caused any offence to you- not intended.

I don't think David's rubbish comment was directed at you. The way I read it was as a tongue in cheek sarcastic comment towards Beth. I could be very wrong though!!

Dear sunnyside_up, evidently my opinion is "Rubbish" I apologise to you if I have caused any offence to you- not intended.
Hi David. I think @minnnt was teasing me saying the pics were rubbish. Don't think that comment was directed at you. I appreciate your comments and certainly no offence was taken by myself. :)

Great stuff as always Beth.
I'm not sure about the framing of the first one, she doesn't look quite centre. There's also a wee blemish on her arm that shows in a few of them that needs removed.

Did you ever do that tutorial? ;)

Great stuff as always Beth.
I'm not sure about the framing of the first one, she doesn't look quite centre. There's also a wee blemish on her arm that shows in a few of them that needs removed.

Ah, yes, you're right dude - she's off a bit. And yes, forgot to remove that blemish! I remember thinking I have to get rid of that (I know I did it in the b&w one), forgot to go back to it in the others. Thanks for the reminder. Thanks for the feedback Mark.

I always try not to crop the top of heads and then I saw #3 and it took me ages to realise you'd cropped the head! Yet another rule I have to hold back my creativity :)

Great set and looks like Lola had fun. 3&4 are my faves but I like them all

I always try not to crop the top of heads and then I saw #3 and it took me ages to realise you'd cropped the head! Yet another rule I have to hold back my creativity :)

Great set and looks like Lola had fun. 3&4 are my faves but I like them all
Thanks Gary. Who ever said that you can't crop a head? I know it's one of those 'rules of thumb'... and the thinking is if you stick to playing it safe, then you'll always be in the right direction. But you'll find that sometimes you just have to break the rules and quite often they'll work! Although I'm really really ocd about cropping below the knees lol... it was someone on here actually that drilled that into my head.
Thanks for your feedback, muchly appreciated :)

Actually, no, I haven't. I've bought myself a headset though and a trial of camtasia - still debating on it. I'm no pro and I don't want to look and sound like a ninny lol.

Agh, Bethy. These are so good. That backdrop is very good, especially being a cloth one. Impressive as usual. I must try and learn some flash portraiture at some point. You up for giving me a lesson? :LOL:

Agh, Bethy. These are so good. That backdrop is very good, especially being a cloth one. Impressive as usual. I must try and learn some flash portraiture at some point. You up for giving me a lesson? :LOL:
Trade you for wedding lessons ;)

This is a lovely set Bethy, I like them all very much. I particularly like #2 as it's so much different from the other shots and for me it really works.(y)

George.

You'll be fine! Everything you've shown so far has been fab! You need to have more confidence @gazmorton2000

Last edited:
Back